Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a simple app that does one thing; when lauched, if the phone radio is off, it turns it on. That's all!

The reason is that I want to launch the app off the back of a MobileClock alarm; MobileClock can launch another app when the alarm goes off, or when snooze is pressed or when you finally cancel the alarm. So in my case when my wakeup alarm goes off in the morning (and I'm done snoozing!!), then launching this program will cause the radio to be turned on again if it had been turned off overnight.

I know there are apps out there that will turn on and on off the radio on a schedule, but that's not what I'm loking for here. I've also found TreoOnOff, but that toggles the radio state, so it's no good.

Anyone know of a suitable app?
    Use LookAtMe with TreoOnOffif that's what you want.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Looks like it only schedules (except after reset). Don't think that's what he's looking for.
    But then again, I can't think of anything that'll do what he wants, either.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    But then again, I can't think of anything that'll do what he wants, either.
    Yeah - why are the simplest things always the most difficult?!

You were right btw, Radio Control won't do it.

And khaytsus, as I mentioned in my original post, according to the docs TreoOnOff will toggle the radio setting... so if it was on, it would turn it off when launched, which is definitely not what I want!
    You might need to switch to seomthing like TreoAlarm if you are not using MobileClock to run any other programs.
    Why not use
    http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html
    to keep your phone/radio turned on?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Because Treohelper doesn't do it either (at least the version I use).
    I keep seeing references to radio. I have a new Treo 700p. The manual that came with it makes no reference to radio. What does it do and how do you do it?
    "Radio" is on when the Treo is connected to the phone company (Verizon, in your case). When you disconnect from the phone company by pressing and holding the red button, the "Radio" is off and the Treo is just a Palm PDA.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    How about a two part solution...

Use MobileClock to launch an instant soft reset app like "mReset" instead of launching an app to control the radio state. Then, use a second app like "Radio Control", "Phone Technician", or "TreoHelper" which can be set to turn the radio on after a reset.