Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been following the Zoti thread from the beginning. Even though the thread is in the 700p forum, it seems most feedback is for the 650. I am really interested in the new antenae. As I have a 700p, I am looking for 700p feedback as to fit and more importantly reception.
    I have a zoti antenna (black) on my Sprint 700p. I have no issues with the fit and I have perfectly fine reception with it.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    I also have a 700P with a Zoti antenna. It's great! The fit is awesome, reception is great. I would suggest this antenna for your 700P.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    I've got the blue version on my Sprint 700p. When I first installed it, the fit wasn't perfectly flush and when I dropped it, the top popped off. When I re-glued the top according to the instructions on his website, the fit was beautiful.

The reception is still good, but from my measurements is definitely slightly less, anywhere from one to five points on the RSSI. I say definitely slightly less because on none of the measurements did the Zoti actually have a better range of values than the stock antenna.

I definitely like it and would recommend it ... so long as you don't have really poor reception where you live.
    I've also got the blue for the sprint 700p and it fit great from the get go. My reception was actually slightly better. (1 point) But figuring in that I might have put it in a slightly different place on my desk I would say it was basically the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    I have a zoti antenna (black) on my Sprint 700p. I have no issues with the fit and I have perfectly fine reception with it.
    http://img256.echo.cx/img256/1869/ditto8pi.gif
    The black looks like original equipment on the Sprint 700p and the reception has not been affected at all.
    I have the blue on my Sprint 700p (looks awesome!) and the gray on my Sprint 650 (look OK, but I now think blue would have been better). I love these antennas and can't imagine going back to the original antenna. No noticable decrease in reception with either of my Treos.

I would highly recommend Zoti's antennas!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    http://img256.echo.cx/img256/1869/ditto8pi.gif
    The black looks like original equipment on the Sprint 700p and the reception has not been affected at all.
    The blue is actually pretty close to the orignal color. I can't picture the black looking like original equipment, there's nothing on black on the phone... Could you post a pic?
    ^I have the black antenna. The IR port, stylus, and my SD card are all black. So the zoti antenna blends in quite nicely. To each his own.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Wait, so no one has an issue here with the fit of it? I noticed that it's not dead on (pops out just a slight hair from the side....no biggie)....but what did bother me was the slight gap on the back side of the antenna...and the biggest issue was the case won't close all the way like it did with the original? Anyone else notice this? I would like to figure it out so I could get it taken care of.

Edit, the funny thing about the case not closing completely is that the part on the outside closes fine. it's on the inside where the memory card is that doesn't close all the way.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenII View Post
    Wait, so no one has an issue here with the fit of it? I noticed that it's not dead on (pops out just a slight hair from the side....no biggie)....but what did bother me was the slight gap on the back side of the antenna...and the biggest issue was the case won't close all the way like it did with the original? Anyone else notice this? I would like to figure it out so I could get it taken care of.

Edit, the funny thing about the case not closing completely is that the part on the outside closes fine. it's on the inside where the memory card is that doesn't close all the way.
    If your antenna doesn't quite fit right, you may want to try the fix posted on the website. As I said in my prior post, mine didn't fit perfectly at first. Then, perhaps fortunately, I dropped my phone and for whatever reason, the top popped off and I was forced to follow the fix instructions. Once I did that, the fit was flush all the way around and just about perfect (there's a micro-sized overhanging lip).
    Honestly, I'm being anal about the gap and the overhang, so I'll let that go...but the cast not closing together tightly is an issue I gotta take care of. Hmmm, I'll post a pic hopefully tomorrow to show what I mean both with the stock, and then with the Zoti antenna....
    I had the blue zoti antenna and I recommend it. It matches pretty well with my 700p. The hairline gap in the back was not noticeable on mine. The reception was same as stock.
    Blue with the 700p? I would think black or grey would match better. Isn't the blue a match with the sprint 650?

I wish they would make it a little easier to color match. There are very few pictures on the site to help you decide. Maybe I missed them here.
    Blue is the closest match for the Sprint 700p and 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I actually don't mind the antenna.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
  17.    #17  
    Thnaks for all the input. Ordered mine yesterday. Hope it works as well for me as all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob View Post
    Blue with the 700p? I would think black or grey would match better. Isn't the blue a match with the sprint 650?

I wish they would make it a little easier to color match. There are very few pictures on the site to help you decide. Maybe I missed them here.
    Here it is on mine. I think the fit is pretty close to perfect, and to color actually looks closer than this in real life, but you be the judge.

http://www.blackhome.us/images/treo/IMG_4303.JPGhttp://www.blackhome.us/images/treo/IMG_4305.JPGhttp://www.blackhome.us/images/treo/IMG_4307.JPG

(btw, I have a "invisible shield" on it in case you're curious what that is. It worked well on this, but not that great on my wife krzr)
    OT: BSE has 'invisible' screens that fit great...
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Ordered two Zoti blues Saturday to replace my GPZA and convert my wife's to low profile....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast