Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    My blue antenna arrived yesterday. It was a breeze to install, and it fits perfectly. Reception is at least as good as stock antenna. Look and feel is awesome.
    Just installed one on my 700p. Small gap on the backside but otherwise fit and finish is head and shoulders above the GPZA....don't know about overall reception yet.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Don't be afraid to order one for yourself as Zoti is a good person to deal with. He stands behind the product. Two thumbs up to him!

I took a shot even though I had reservations about paying the $6.95 postage for an item shipped in a small thin bubble envelope with about 50 cents postage on it.

Antenna arrived within a week, No damage from the too thin envelope. but I was immediately disappointed in the light grey color which doesn't even come close to the 700P grey.

Definitely order the blue as others have said it's a much better match. I know I could have swapped it for the blue one.

BTW . . . I have a set of torx drivers but the one needed for the Treo 700p is "real" small so I didn't have one. I had to use a small screwdriver blade. Either order the driver from Zoti or pull the rubber cover in a Sears store and try match up a torx driver while you are in the store.

To fit the 700P they chisel a slot into the side that looked like it was made with a dull screwdriver blade. Pretty much a cob job for the slot though.

I have been pulling 3 bars inside my house past 6 months with the stock antenna (Verizon must have put up another tower near my house). So I don't want to give up any bars as reception is my main concern.

I immediately lost a bar after installation and tested it from various rooms in my house. I don't want to be dropping calls again as the phone was doing 6 mos back when I only had one bar for reception strength. Overall, Verizon has a great signal in my town and in my travels.

So I had to send it back. To each his own. I ordered it based on other positive reviews and I'm sure 98% of buyers will be satisfied.

Too bad for me because I really like the look, but Zoti needs to improve the reception for my needs. Being that I use my 700p indoors a lot.

I'd jump on another one from Zoti if he comes out with a next generation model that has better reception

In my case he even refunded my postage, so if you're thinking of ordering one . . . go for it! Most users will be very happy with his current model.

The Torx driver to fit the 700P is super small and was of course not in my Torx set. So order one from Zoti or pull the rubber cover while you are in a tool store like Sears and match one up.
    Last edited by Expidia; 02/15/2007 at 09:40 PM.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Reception with the Zoti antenna is the exact same as stock if you install it correctly. It's been tested (and even video'd) by a ton of people.
    From the posts I have read, CDMA phones see no difference. GSM users in lower reception areas see a small to moderate drop in reception.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    740 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Reception with the Zoti antenna is the exact same as stock if you install it correctly. It's been tested (and even video'd) by a ton of people.
    Oh really, well would you believe I even went to Zoti's 2 day "installation" school the he holds in Phoenix AZ.

Once I got back I was able to screw that "one" screw out and than swapped the antenna and screwed the same screw back in!

Thank God for Zoti's 2 day course. He won't pay for your airfare though

And lo and behold after all that training, I still lost a bar

Consider yourself lucky I guess, that you got it right the first time.
    Palm III,V>6035>7135>650>700p (on Vzn), PalmBT Treo Hdset>i-Trek BT GPS>TomTom Nav6>755p
    Sad, but true. Funny how some people also measure their reception in "bars." LOL
    The top piece of my wife's Zoti came off and disappeared somewhere. I'm going to have to contact Zoti about this...

Mine's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Expidia View Post
    BTW . . . I have a set of torx drivers but the one needed for the Treo 700p is "real" small so I didn't have one. I had to use a small screwdriver blade. Either order the driver from Zoti or pull the rubber cover in a Sears store and try match up a torx driver while you are in the store.

The Torx driver to fit the 700P is super small and was of course not in my Torx set. So order one from Zoti or pull the rubber cover while you are in a tool store like Sears and match one up.
    You need a T5 torx driver. I thought I had one in my toolbox as well so didn't order from Zoti. I ended up finding a set (T4 to T10) at Home Depot for $5.95 (same price as Zoti's T5 driver).

BTW, I love my black antenna on my 700P. No signal degradation.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    BTW, I love my black antenna on my 700P. No signal degradation.
    I agree that black looks great on a Sprint 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster View Post
    The top piece of my wife's Zoti came off and disappeared somewhere. I'm going to have to contact Zoti about this...

Mine's fine.
    Second one (mine) also popped off. But mfg took care of me immediately. Well done.
    my signal has dropped a bar or two and my internet is a little slower.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12