1.    #1  
    OK, first I have searched the forums, read the stickies and Googled for my answers to no avail.

I am a new Macbook Pro owner (Core2Duo, if that matters) and long time Palm and Windows power user. Windows since 3.1 and Palm since a Palm Personal in 1998.

Cannot sync my Macbook with my 700P (Sprint). I have installed Palm Desktop 4.2.1 from PalmOne site (apparently the most current Mac OS version).

Initially I was getting an error during the hotsync and it would crash the conduit manager.

Then, it migrated to a file is locked error.

Now, I can sync, but none of my info comes off the Treo into the Macbook. No calendar or contacts in Palm Desktop, no calendar in ical, no contacts in address book....nothing that I can find with one exception. My memos synced over to Palm Desktop.

I am very frustrated. It is hard enough trying to come off of a Windows box to a Macbook and learning how everything works without trying to troubleshoot arcane syncing problems.

If I were in windows, I would think about uninstalling everything and reinstalling it again, but I don't even know how to do that. I have installed the isync palm conduit, but when I open isync it says that it cannot sync this device after searching.

Lastly, I did NOT want to buy Missing Sync as I am a long time Palm Desktop user and it is perfect for my needs, BUT in desperation I bought it and am in the process of installing it. Upon installation I see that it wants to overwrite my Treo on the first run, which of course as I have not had a successful sync makes me very nervous....

So, can someone help me? Right now, I am not feeling the mac love at all and I am not finding the system easy to use or user friendly.....
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Hmmm, can you sync with iSync to Address Book and iCal? Perhaps try that first? To uninstall Palm Desktop, which I suggest you do, try http://www.appzapper.com/
  3.    #3  
    Appreciate the advice, however uninstalling Palm Desktop would be counter productive for me as I wish to keep using it. I did however uninstall it and then reinstalled it.

I could not get iSync to work, it would tell me the device was not able to sync with iSync.

I did get Missing Sync to sync it, in the hours since I last posted. I set it to sync with Palm Desktop and it worked, for the most part....still no contacts.

Last thing I did before I got disgruntled was set Missing Sync to sync with the Address Book on the Macbook Pro, that worked, but changed all my categories in the process....strangest thing, why would it do that??? Good thing I had about six different backups between the Treo and my windows laptop and window desktop. I restored the Treo, but have not messed with the Macbook since.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Set conduits so Treo overwrites Mac if that's what you want.
    You can keep using Palm Desktop even with Missing Sync. That's how I have my setup since I prefer it to the Missing Sync/Apple options.
  5.    #5  
    I have tried setting Missing Sync to Handheld overwrites Mac, both in Contacts and Address Book (Palm) twice, nothing gets synced. I tried them together and separately, nothing works.

I do not see the option to set handheld overwrites mac in the Mac Address book conduit....

So frustrating, I appreciate the offers of advice, I don't know why I am having trouble with this silly mac. I haven't had this much hurt trying to sync any of my Palms with my windows boxes....sigh...

Any ideas....I am at a loss

I just want to sync my Treo with Palm Desktop, thats all, nothing fancy, nothing beyond a plain vanilla Palm Desktop for Mac hotsync and I have spent $40 on extra software and it still doesn't work.