1.    #1  
    Ok, so I am new to treo, well kinda I used a 650 about 1.5 years ago. But I can't figure out how to set up a speed dial. I dont want to have to go to the favorites menu and do it that way. I am looking for how to set up a speed dial for the 2-9 numbers on the dial pad. Anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by breaksraver13 View Post
    Ok, so I am new to treo, well kinda I used a 650 about 1.5 years ago. But I can't figure out how to set up a speed dial. I dont want to have to go to the favorites menu and do it that way. I am looking for how to set up a speed dial for the 2-9 numbers on the dial pad. Anyone know?
    In the favorites list, you can assign a speed dial number. So, you must add a new favorite from your list of contacts (or just enter the number), and then assign the "Quick Key" value.

That way, if you press and hold that key down, it will automatically dial the number.

You can also set it up to launch your favorite program, or sms or email, etc. All should be visible in the Favorites Menu.

Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response, I got that, but that is for pressing one of the keyboard keys. I want to press and hold say #2 (on the dial pad) to dial home like #1 dials voicemail.
    Last edited by breaksraver13; 01/06/2007 at 03:27 PM.
  4. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Only "1" can be assigned; the rest are alpha.

To press & hold favourite button when not in Phone, use Butler.
    Thanks for the response, I got that, but that is for pressing one of the keyboard keys. I want to press and hold say #2 (on the dial pad) to dial home like #1 dials voicemail.
    So ? Assign the speed key to 'R' then (same key as '2')
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Or you could assign it to "H" like I do for phone home!
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
  7. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Read here too if you want to remove all the favorites ie removing Phone2Favourite.pdb result in a blank favorite page, then you can add new shortcuts & quick dial.

http://www.spug.sg/forums/viewtopic....6584655aff6c01
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    Read here too if you want to remove all the favorites ie removing Phone2Favourite.pdb result in a blank favorite page, then you can add new shortcuts & quick dial.

http://www.spug.sg/forums/viewtopic....6584655aff6c01
    Cool
    Works as advertised !

Now I finally can get rid of that pesky VersaMail
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    I am looking for how to set up a speed dial for the 2-9 numbers on the dial pad. Anyone know?
    You might want to try using Dialbyphoto. http://www.dialbyphoto.com
    i create a favourite to a letter, but when i press and hold the letter iy donīt do nothing what i need to do
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by isidork View Post
    i create a favourite to a letter, but when i press and hold the letter iy donīt do nothing what i need to do
    I 'think' that it only works when you are at the home screen
    No, that started happening to me out of nowhere. I haven't been able to figure out why, but 80% of the time it no longer speed dials. I had to switch to TakephOne to get the feature back.
  13. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wallglider View Post
    No, that started happening to me out of nowhere. I haven't been able to figure out why, but 80% of the time it no longer speed dials. I had to switch to TakephOne to get the feature back.
    I am using Butler to SpeedDial (from anywhere) but also noticed that sometimes it works & sometimes does not. Butler allows me to launch or SpeedDial anywhere.

I realised that it works fine but once I launch an application (in oppose to a phone number) via Favorite, SpeedDial does not work anymore. I will then need to go to Favorite & run a SpeedDial number again for it to work again.

Not sure whether Butler is the cause - I am using the lateset Butler ie version 4.0. I had the same problem with previous version. I am also using KeyCap but have followed Butler's recommendations to handle this hack to SpeedDial/Launch.
    If you're using Obfuscate, make sure you show the "Phone" application, otherwise speed dial won't work on the Treo 680.
  15. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Later, I found out it was TealLaunch that interfered with Butler speed dialling & launching favorite applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    You might want to try using Dialbyphoto. http://www.dialbyphoto.com
    Will this program bog up you phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Will this program bog up you phone?
    No...