1.    #1  
    Got it on the world wide tag sale. Had a 600 which died on me. Switched to a Windows Mobile phone for a while which I hated. Glad to be back with the Treo. Pleasure having easy one-handed operation again.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    more or less in the same boat!heres my history:my first smartphone was a nokia 6600,loved it went to a 6680 good but a bit slow-went to N70,very good...got bored of symbian so i tried windows mobile in the form of a i-mate sp5,just all right didnt blow me away i guess so i tried the i-mate kjam for the keyboard....disaster,froze, way too slow could never keep up with with me and almost impossible to use one handed,basically a quick text to someone was not gonna to happen(yes i did keep it up to date before someone asks)....so this brings me into the world of palm in the form of a treo 650 and i like it(im a bit late going into palmos especially reading about cobalt....pity!),the form factor is perfect for me!
    one thing i miss about symbian and wm is multitasking....no...cant think of anything else!!!
    well..thats my story anybody wish to join us with a bit of story telling?

damo
  3.    #3  
    On the NYC subway, one handed operation is essential (since the other hand is employed holding on to something to avoid being thrown to the ground ) The other item I miss a bit is WiFi. It isn't such a big deal but it was nice at times. Maybe I'll look into an Enfora sled one of these days. Other than that, no complaints.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I actually left a while back (sold my Treo 600) and migrated to windows Pocketpc phone, then windows smartphone, but my xphone II just died and the Treo 650 is sooooo cheap at the moment I just couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebrandwein View Post
    Got it on the world wide tag sale. Had a 600 which died on me. Switched to a Windows Mobile phone for a while which I hated. Glad to be back with the Treo. Pleasure having easy one-handed operation again.
    the treo 650 is my first smartphone / pda ^_^ i am very pleased with it.
    Just got it on monday.
  6.    #6  
    I'm very happy with mine as well. Picked up a Piel Frama case for it. Really nice leather and two SD card slots. Fit is just about perfect.
    I have been a treo person for a while. I tried 9 different phones before coming to my senses then I started with the Treo 300 which I still use for games. Then I managed to get a treo 600 and I loved it because of what it could do. I was able to renew the registration for my car sitting in my living room, movies, mp3 and more. I've been pretty fortunate because I have not have to many of the problems that people were reporting about the Treo's, I guess sometimes it depends on the phone. I thought the Treo 600 was pretty cool until I finally was able to get my Treo 650 and DAAAAAAAMMMMMMM this Treo is reeeeeeaaaaaal nice.
  8.    #8  
    Much more polished than the 600 in almost all respects.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joele View Post
    I actually left a while back (sold my Treo 600) and migrated to windows Pocketpc phone, then windows smartphone, but my xphone II just died and the Treo 650 is sooooo cheap at the moment I just couldn't resist.
    I'm looking to upgrade my wifes VZW 600 to a 650. How much did you pay for your new 650, and where? If you don't mind me asking? I'm currently using a 700P myself, and I'm feeling really guilty that she's so far behind! Thanks!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
  10.    #10  
    unlocked gsm. Ran me $230 shipped. A co-worker of mine just got a refurbished verizon 650 for $165 + shipping. Hard to argue with that. Both from the bay btw
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my wifes VZW 600 to a 650. How much did you pay for your new 650, and where? If you don't mind me asking? I'm currently using a 700P myself, and I'm feeling really guilty that she's so far behind! Thanks!
    I am in Australia and bought mine here from Expansys for AUD$375... you can get them cheaper on ebay in the US, but I wanted a local warranty..