1.    #1  
    I need some feedback from those of you who have transferred their Treo 650 contact info over to their Treo 700P. I have did this when I bought my 700P, via Bluetooth transfer. Recently, I have read where this may possibly have a negative impact on the performance of my 700P. Is this true? My ultimate question is that if this true, is it worth me deleting my 350 contacts and reentering them back into my 700P manually?
    Who told you this falsehood?
    Everything is and should be fine. I have myself done this routinely.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    I remember seeing some reference to this in a thread in this very forum.
    Are you misinterpretating what people have advised about doing a direct first time hotsync using a prexisting 650 profile/user in relation to applications and saved preferences?

That's different. Transfering your contacts via bluetooth from one device to another should have absolutely no impact on performance.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  5.    #5  
    No, the transfer of my contacts, tasks, memos, etc was immediately done through a Bluetooth transfer from my Treo 650 to 700P. A few days later, I performed the first hotsync with my computer. However, I am confused as to whether I synced my 650 preferences and whatnot over to the 700P unintentionally. I had deleted my old Palm desktop from my computer and reloaded it from the CD that came with my 700P. It is then that I did my first 700P hotsync. However, I was surprised to see a reference to my old Treo 650 username profile, which is what has caused me concern.

I do not have any problems accessing my contacts and task database through the standard Palm OS programs or Agendus. My concern is if an improper first time hotsync could possibly be contributing to the white screen and other lags everyone is experiencing with the 700P. Maybe I am being overly zealous about decreasing my lag time through whatever means possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by waynevnj View Post
    However, I am confused as to whether I synced my 650 preferences and whatnot over to the 700P unintentionally. I had deleted my old Palm desktop from my computer and reloaded it from the CD that came with my 700P. It is then that I did my first 700P hotsync. However, I was surprised to see a reference to my old Treo 650 username profile, which is what has caused me concern.
    Deleting the application will not remove the User data. When you reloaded from the CD, your 650 data remained intact and was transferred to your 700P unless you created a new Hotsync ID. There are numerous posts on this forum on how to do a safe conversion from the 650 to the 700p.

One way is to start with a freshly hard reset 700p, rename the backup folder of your User profile on the PC, hotsync to get the PIM data over and then migrate apps over to validate compatibility.

Another way is to simply delete your saved and unsaved preferences on the 700p. You will have to re-register certain 3rd party programs.

And yet another is to just leave everything be. The lag is inherent to the 700p and none of these methods will fix that (see separate thread re letter to Palm).

I'm sleepy so I might have missed something, but I know I will be properly corrected if needed.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more