1.    #1  
    I discovered yesterday that my batter won't charge when it is connected to the wall charger. Same with the car charger. But when I connect it to the USB it will charge.

I did a soft reset, then tried charging it again, and nothing, still won't charge.

I did a hard reset, then tried charging, and it still won't charge.

I plugged it in to the USB over night, it started charging, when I woke up it was at 5%. I began charging it again right now and its charging (at 9%) now.

Any other suggestions to get my phone to charge through the Wall and car chargers?
    m100 Zire 72 Treo 650 Treo 680
    return it
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3.    #3  
    If i return it will they send me another one? or will they fix it and send it back?
    why don't you just call and ask.........
    Either way, i think they will send you one first and you can just pack up your old one and send it back
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    May not work, but try to turn on your Treo before you plug it into either charger that isn't working. Once it recognizes it, you can turn it off again and continue charging. A friend of mine's phone was quirky like that. Never heard of it before, but maybe worth a try?
    You may have a faulty unit.

It seems that it may have a loose contact on the charging outlet under the 680 (the narrow hole beside the contacts for the USB sync/charge) that's why it just charges using the usb link.

Don't try and fix it yourself and return it right away for a replacement.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah I called, they said to return it to them, they will credit back my credit card, and then I will have to order another one from them. I've had my 680 for a little over a month, everything was fine till yesterday.
    I have a feeling you left it plugged into the car charger while starting the vehicle...........or you wanted to see how fast u could charge it from the usb port and wall charger at the same time......only time I have read someone admit they broke it was when someone dropped a 680 and the screen cracked
    or used a 1500 watt inverter with wall charger.used it as a modem for your computer for long periods of time with no air conditioning
    Huh?
    huh I am a dum dum I don't read english.
  13.    #13  
    No, I didn't plug it into the car charger then start my car. And no, i didn't plug my usb and wall charger in at the same time. I never used the usb cable to only charge (until now), i used it to hotsync and then i'd unplug it. I don't need my phone to be a modem for my computer.

Either way, when the new unit comes, the old unit is going back.
    as a pre caution if the usb cable charges it. don't leave the regular charger plugged in at the same time. a lot of people on here play chris farley. david spade is played by palm. when the car door falls off "what did you do". everytime.(tommy boy)
    as a pre caution if the usb cable charges it. don't leave the regular charger plugged in at the same time. a lot of people on here play chris farley. david spade is played by palm. when the car door falls off "what did you do". everytime.(tommy boy)