Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I see there is a new version of Mobile Google Maps. Does anyone know what new in this version?
    I installed it on my Treo. Looks exactly the same as 1.0.0
    Last edited by swieder; 01/06/2007 at 11:41 AM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Here' what's supposed to be new:
    -Real time traffic
    -more supported countries
    -ability to save frequently used addresses
    -more detailed business info
    -and a few others

http://www.google.com/gmm/whatsnew.html

Problem is, I did the OTA 1.1.1 update and like previously mentioned, it looks like 1.1.0. What's up with that!?
    In search and directions you can now type part of a contact name and use a menu option to look up the contact's address. No need for KwikMaps to get contact addresses into gmaps anymore.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Real-time traffic conditions
    See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas.

Insta-KB-o-meter
    Monitor your data consumption in real-time — just look to the top right portion of your phone screen while using Google Maps.

The above two features are in 1.0.0 which I currenlty have installed. What gives?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Traffic before was a little off and wasn't "real time". Only time will tell if it truly is now.. I do love the fact that I can now delete Kwik Maps! My question is, where is the detailed business info and the saved routes?!
    Quote Originally Posted by qb11g View Post
    Problem is, I did the OTA 1.1.1 update and like previously mentioned, it looks like 1.1.0. What's up with that!?
    I did OTA and got the same results. However, when I downloaded it from the site on my PC, deleted my original, and then sent it to my Palm, it was updated to 1.1.1. I see no difference in the app's functionality though.
    When I did the OTA, it showed as 1.1.1 just fine. Weird.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    When I check my app version it does say 1.1.1 however it does not allow for the updated features (with the excetion of allowing me to access my contacts within the app itself...which I love by the way). I would really love to be able to pull up the detailed business info (hours of operation, etc...) that the new version says is possible.
    OPTIONS: TIPS: FIND LOCATION:
    "Try typing part of a name that's in your Contacts, then use the Address Lookup menu command to look up the corresponding address from your Contacts. Then let Google Maps find that address."

That would be SWEET! Except that there is *no* "Address Lookup" menu command... anywhere. Not under Options, not in the "Find Location" window and not in the Palm "Contacts" app either. So where is it?

FIND LOCATION: [i] (the "i" icon for Tips):
    "You can pick a recent query from the pop-up list or look one up in your Contacts using the Options menu."

That, too, would be SWEET! But, again, there is no such thing in the "Options" menu (Tips, Shortcuts, About | Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy | Erase All)

I really, REALLY think Google has yet another winner here. I just wish I was clever enough to figure it out.

GoogleMaps Version: 1.1.1
    Treo 680 Graphite Cingular

------------------------------
    Palm IIIe -> M505 -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    If I update OTA do I need to delete the old version first? Also, will I be able to access contacts in Goodlink or only the Palm contacts app? Anyone know?
    SprintPCS Treo 755p
    same question as above, but how do I do the over the air update? do I just visit www.google.com/gmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by mpantoja View Post
    OPTIONS: TIPS: FIND LOCATION:
    "Try typing part of a name that's in your Contacts, then use the Address Lookup menu command to look up the corresponding address from your Contacts. Then let Google Maps find that address."

That would be SWEET! Except that there is *no* "Address Lookup" menu command... anywhere. Not under Options, not in the "Find Location" window and not in the Palm "Contacts" app either. So where is it?

FIND LOCATION: [i] (the "i" icon for Tips):
    "You can pick a recent query from the pop-up list or look one up in your Contacts using the Options menu."

That, too, would be SWEET! But, again, there is no such thing in the "Options" menu (Tips, Shortcuts, About | Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy | Erase All)

actually, there is. press the menu button.
    select find location

enter in a person's name that is in your contacts

press the menu button again

under options select address lookup

choose the person's address and click paste

it should now be entered in the location.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    kabuto,

First of all, thanks for the tip... it works like a charm!

Second of all, how-in-all-of-creation did you know to click the Menu button from *within* a pop up window?

When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
    happy to help. just tried a bit of deductive reasoning.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
    If I update OTA do I need to delete the old version first? Also, will I be able to access contacts in Goodlink or only the Palm contacts app? Anyone know?
    No need to delete. When the new version is downloaded, it asks if you want to replace the old version. Say Yes.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Just want to make sure everyone here is aware that the latest update of Agendus now supports Google Maps for mapping/driving directions from within Agendus.
    -Michael
    iambic, Inc.
    www.iambic.com
    This is a nice update. It is kind of awkward place to put the search via contacts.

I like its draggable, zoom and persistent maps attributes plus online traffic overlays. It is still has more to go for me to completely drop KMaps. It probably is just a matter of time.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    This is a nice update. It is kind of awkward place to put the search via contacts.

I like its draggable, zoom and persistent maps attributes plus online traffic overlays. It is still has more to go for me to completely drop KMaps. It probably is just a matter of time.
    The only thing that was updated was the contact lookup function?! Am I missing something? Otherwise it's the same thing.
    updated here to 1.1.1.

personally, the maps to me seem as if they load quicker and with my other version I would only get traffic half the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast