Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now, if only it could read my location from my Treo's embedded GPS.
    Awesome..!! Google Maps is simply the best 2006 app.

Al
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    The lookup feature is nice, but I seem to only be able to lookup the first address for any contact. It would be nice to be able to look up their home, when I also have a work address for that person.
    Anyone figured out how to get the more business info to work?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Anyone figured out how to get the more business info to work?
    I've been wondering the same thing for the past 2 days!
    I don't see anything about more business info on PalmOS. Maybe on WM?
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I don't see anything about more business info on PalmOS. Maybe on WM?
    Post no. 3 brings up a google page and it says it is for Palm OS 5 devices. The the business info feature could very well be mis-stated.

It also says:
    Favorite places and routes
    Save time (and avoid sore thumbs) by keeping a list of residential or business locations, and driving routes.
    The list shows up also on the older version. Saving driving routes would be saving time, if this version have it.
    Hi everyone...

First off, maybe you guys are talking about something else, but I just tried the "Find Nearby Business..." feature on the new version of GM (1.1.1) on my 650, and it seemed to work just fine for me.

-First, I went to my current location (Lincolnshire, IL)...
    -I then tapped on "Find Nearby Business..." and typed in "pizza"...
    -It then popped up the message "9 results found near Lincolnshire, IL"...
    -It pinpointed the first location and provided the name "1: KDD Sarpino's of Illinois. Tap for options"...
    -then when I tapped on the forward arrow radio button (on the lower right corner of the screen), it took me to the 2nd place of 9 results to find pizza... "2: Dominick's Finer Foods. Tap for options"...
    -and so on, and so on, until I reached the 9th pizza location.

Is this not working for everyone? If not, maybe it's because only some business locations are stored in GM and not all (in other words, I know there's more pizza places it missed)? My location, Lincolnshire, IL is a well populated, suburb-locked, northwest suburb of Chicago, so maybe it works for me because there are so many businesses registered to work with GM?

Just my 2 cents.

By the way, I'm loving this version of GM!!!

..Handspring...\..........Palm.........\.........Palm........\.........Palm......\.....Motorola.....
    .VisorDeluxe.../............Vx.........../........M-100......./......Treo650.../.......Droid........
    yes I would like the availabilty to look up hours, reviews etc. maybe even if I look up a pizza place if I could have a bite of the pizza pop up so I could have a taste before I go there. Apple you listening??
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Cowles View Post
    Now, if only it could read my location from my Treo's embedded GPS.
    Wow, how'd you pull that one off? I had to buy a BT gps reciever. Can you post the mod?

But it would be cool if they could get location from gps. (I also paid bucks for tomtom for that functionality)
    He's joking. Treo's don't have GPS hardware.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12