Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I ordered my upgrade about 3 weeks ago. Just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet.
    2 weeks for me...still no sign of life from TomTom.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I hate to be "that guy" but I ordered mine three days ago and already received it. I was shocked when I saw it in the mail today. The worst part is that I don't even have a replacement for my gps cradle that was stolen yet. Thought the 3-4wk time frame would be enough to fart around for a while before replacing it. Looks like I'm gonna have to head down to Fry's now...

Definitely not complaining!
    Last edited by ps40897; 01/10/2007 at 12:51 AM.
    Mine came in just now. So they should all be on their way.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70 View Post
    Mine came in just now. So they should all be on their way.
    When did you place your order?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I'm never the first. But it did show up today.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    Just ordered a couple of minutes ago. It would be great if it came by the end of next week.
    I received mine today. I ordered it the end of last week. Installed easily with card reader. It has TT6, GO and others on the install DVD. The only complaint I have so far is I was able to activate TT5 on two devices and TT6 only let me activate on one device. I keep a PDA in my vehicle all the time and I have a copy on my Treo for when I travel on business.
    I can't even buy the upgrade!

After typing in my software code, I get a message that says, "Your serial code is under temporary lock" and I can't go any farther.

Any idea what the problem is??
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Can anyone tell me what version of tt6 and north america maps are included?
    2 weeks so far for me. What pisses me off is Tomtom's support, or lack of.

I sent them 2 emails with my order confirmation number asking if it shipped yet, and not one reply. So I called them and the rep I talked to said that he wasn't able to look up this info.

This is not my first experience with poor support from Tomtom either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Can anyone tell me what version of tt6 and north america maps are included?
    I got mine last weekend. The new maps that I have installed are v665.1294. The App is 6.010 (7630)
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/21/2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I received mine today. I ordered it the end of last week. Installed easily with card reader. It has TT6, GO and others on the install DVD. The only complaint I have so far is I was able to activate TT5 on two devices and TT6 only let me activate on one device. I keep a PDA in my vehicle all the time and I have a copy on my Treo for when I travel on business.
    Update on the activation: I was able to get another activation code for my second PDA that I keep in my truck all the time. I had to call customer service and stay on hold for about twenty minutes. But, once I got to talk to someone, she took care of the activation. In fact, she said it was going to take a little while and could she call me back. I thought, "oh great, another TT support BS." But, she actually called me back in about 30 minutes with another activation code for my other PDA. I have had terrible support from them in the past and I fully expected for them to tell me that I would have to buy an additional code. But, to my surprise, they actually took care of this one properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    I got mine last weekend. The new maps that I have installed are v665.1294. The App is 6.010 (7630)
    How did it come, US Postal Service? I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Thanks -- Finally got my hands on these maps and I must say they are a significant improvement over the previous 650.xxxx set (atleast for me, living in Vancouver/Canada). Much improved street coverage, POI's, corrected street errors and improved optimal routing! Definitely worth the 1.4gb card space its eating up
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    How did it come, US Postal Service? I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
    Yes USPS Priority Mail from Fort Worth TX (FWN Fulfillment Center)
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/21/2007 at 03:19 PM.
    Ordered Jan 13th, arrived Jan 27. Installed perfectly on first try with no problems. Software is slower than TT5 but not too bad. Maps and POI are current.
    I can live with the marginally slower times when pulling up addresses because I understand I am using one map for the U.S. versus the smaller regional maps I had with TT5.

The main annoying thing is that it takes between 30 - 60 seconds for TT6 to connect to my GPS. With TT5 I would turn on the GPS first, let it acquire a signal, then start up TT5 and the GPS would register immediately. Following the same procedure with TT6 causes me to still wait up to a minute before the TT6 software acknowledges the GPS. Frustrating. http://www.bootyroast.com/forums/sty...fault/rant.gif
    Hey everyone - Sorry for this question as I'm sure its redundant but it looks like the number of threads on here has been cleaned up...

In upgrading to TT6, did you spend $150 bucks on the maps/software or is there some sort of cheaper upgrade?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro7 View Post
    Hey everyone - Sorry for this question as I'm sure its redundant but it looks like the number of threads on here has been cleaned up...

In upgrading to TT6, did you spend $150 bucks on the maps/software or is there some sort of cheaper upgrade?

I think I spent around 49.00 plus shipping for the upgrade.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast