1.    #1  
    I'm using the trial version of Volume Care and the speakerphone volume is not any louder when Volume Care is enabled. Is this normal? Or is it because I'm using the trial version?
    I have the same problem with the registered version.
    huh?

Phone call? Using TCPMP? What are your settings? DO you increase volume or boost level?

MY SPEAKER VOLUME was significantly increased on my T650.
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  4.    #4  
    When Im on a phone call using my speakerphone the volume is no different if VC is enabled or not. All other volume applications work outstanding. I have tried every VC configuration but speakerphone while on a phone call is not enabled.
    Version 5.59 of VolumeCare fixes this condition. The Treo 700p has an aweful speakerphone and you need to tune VolumeCare diffrerently on this device than the Treo 650. Version 5.59 provides the necessary configuration changes to give the Treo 700p's speakerphone all it can give you in terms of volume.

Please make sure you use VolumeCare's AUTOMATIC mode rather than ADVANCED mode.

Version 5.59 also provides better default volume configurations for the new Treo 680!

The new version of VolumeCare: DOWNLOAD HERE

Before upgrading VolumeCare, please uncheck the ENABLED box in the main screen of VolumeCare. Then upgrade to version 5.59. After the new version is on your Treo, re-check the ENABLED box and finally do a soft reset.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    that worked for me twice now... updating it, make sure the existing version is DISabled before ya do it.
    ( I use volumecare 5.59 pro on Automatic mode) I can't use the speakerphone of my treo 650. I can hear well, but they can't hear me good. My voice is intermittent. Can I save the best configuration for my speakerphone?. Somebody has one?

Quote Originally Posted by onedrop View Post
    When Im on a phone call using my speakerphone the volume is no different if VC is enabled or not. All other volume applications work outstanding. I have tried every VC configuration but speakerphone while on a phone call is not enabled.
    I had not realized that my version was so old, the speakerphone seems fine now. Thanks for the detailed upgrade instructions Jeff.
    yes. i'm so glad i read the post because my 700p sounds substantially better with the update. i even had to adjust the ear volume down. that's a first! many thanks.
    ~bean

palm IIIxe, tungsten t, tx, and now...a treo 700P
    palm all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi View Post
    ( I use volumecare 5.59 pro on Automatic mode) I can't use the speakerphone of my treo 650. I can hear well, but they can't hear me good. My voice is intermittent. Can I save the best configuration for my speakerphone?. Somebody has one?
    Have you tried to lower your MIC volume during the phone call with the key sequence OPTION 5-way DOWN? This will reduce the volume of your voice as it is heard by your callers. Perhaps you are just over modulating the MIC and that is why you are not being heard completely.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Have you tried to lower your MIC volume during the phone call with the key sequence OPTION 5-way DOWN? This will reduce the volume of your voice as it is heard by your callers. Perhaps you are just over modulating the MIC and that is why you are not being heard completely.

Jeff
    Thanks, I will try. If this work, can I save for speakerphone only without affect other modes?. If yes what can I do?. Thanks for your answer.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Does this app help boost the BT headset?
    I have it installed and have to make a decision within days and well really dont get it.
    I dont really see an improvement where I need it most.
    What say you?
    I am still open to offering the author my money but maybe I am doing something wrong to get the most out of this.
    Any advise or feedback?
    Thanks
    JW
    Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Does this app help boost the BT headset?
    I have it installed and have to make a decision within days and well really dont get it.
    I dont really see an improvement where I need it most.
    What say you?
    I am still open to offering the author my money but maybe I am doing something wrong to get the most out of this.
    Any advise or feedback?
    Thanks
    VolumeCare does give great volume gains for the Treo's internal speakers and wired headsets.

Unfortunately, VolumeCare does not address Bluetooth volume issues. I have tried for over a year to make this a feature but the technology just makes it impossible. Many people find Bluetooth a disappointing technology on the Treo's and have migrated back to wired headsets. Volume being one issue but just as importantly, Bluetooth on the Treo is a half duplex device. meaning only one direction of a conversation can be transmitted at one time. So if you are on a noisy conference call for example, you may not be able to be heard since you can not talk while the device is constantly recieving voice signals. Lastly, the noise cancelation of Bluetooth microphones is not very good. Many find their callers can hear too much of what is going on around you.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    VolumeCare does give great volume gains for the Treo's internal speakers and wired headsets.

Unfortunately, VolumeCare does not address Bluetooth volume issues. I have tried for over a year to make this a feature but the technology just makes it impossible. Many people find Bluetooth a disappointing technology on the Treo's and have migrated back to wired headsets. Volume being one issue but just as importantly, Bluetooth on the Treo is a half duplex device. meaning only one direction of a conversation can be transmitted at one time. So if you are on a noisy conference call for example, you may not be able to be heard since you can not talk while the device is constantly recieving voice signals. Lastly, the noise cancelation of Bluetooth microphones is not very good. Many find their callers can hear too much of what is going on around you.

Jeff
    Well with the newer BT headsets background noise has been address to a large point.
    With the Nokia BH-900, and Jawbone they agre getting to a point where minimum noise is heard over the actual persons voice...
    Anyway its disappointing that there is not an app that allows for one to increase the hearing part of the BT...
    I would think half duplex would be easier to address then full.
    Anyway thanks.
    JW