1.    #1  
    I have had my Treo 650 for about 18 months, and has worked perfectly until now. It has recently been waking itself up and trying to hotsync. If after a while, it is left alone, no amount of button-pushing will turn it back on. I have to do a soft reset. I have tried a hard reset, and a zero out reset. Incidentally, when I do a zero out reset, it is supposed to appear dead for 10 minutes. Mine will play dead for approximately 30 seconds. Does anyone have any advice, or do I have a brick on my hands?
    My wife's Treo650 started doing this a couple of months ago. It was also increasingly hitting unexplainable resets. We concluded that it was the hardware going bad and took advantage of Palm's trade-in program - buying a new 680 and send the dying 650 in for a rebate.
    Actually, the zero out reset normally only has the unit "dead" for about 30 seconds or a minute at most. So that's fine.

I'm suspecting that there's some third party application that is doing something and getting it to hotsync.

I would do the zero out reset and make sure that you first rename your Backup folder normally located in:

C:\Program Files\Palm\YourHotsyncID\Backup

to something else like old-backup or whatever so that the next time you do a hotsync that the problematic stuff doesn't get loaded back in. And don't add anything new to it (including 3rd party applications or anything)

Check your Palm for a few days and see if the hotsync problem still happens. If it doesn't, then it's likely a third party program that is causing it to hotsync.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    I have the same problem. i think its a hardware problem. Does yours also think a headset is plugged in?
  5.    #5  
    I have no third party apps on the 650. I have tried syncing it under a different hotsync name, and I am still getting the same problem.. Must be hardware.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    mine is doing the same...

my Treo tries to sych without a synch cable plugged in. During the attempted synch, it annoyingly clicks. Left it plugged into the cable at work today and it synched at least 10 times (without initiation) during an 8 hour day.

no reset issue, bklech
    no headset issue, spookycord

I will start the zero-reset procedure referred to above and wait and see if the problem is harware or software. I just bought it off Ebay (my prior TREO 650 had audio problems discussed elsewhere) so I hope it is software...

If your status has updated, please let me (us) know !!!
    Last edited by jcourche; 01/30/2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    That was quick...
    just finished a "Zero Out Reset" and less than 10 minutes later I heard the first 'click' and the uninitiated HotSync started. The phone was in 'sleep' mode at the time (as usual but not mentioned above)...

Similar issue happening here, with the Treo trying to HotSync when I turn it off. It's connected to the settings you set for the "HotSync button" in Prefs, as whatever you sest there is whatever happens when I power it off.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Fixed it! I downgraded to a 1.06 ROM and that solved it. 1.20 seems to be wonky on this particular unit. It's a Hardware B type if that helps anyone out there.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  10.    #10  
    Kardboard, how did you downgrade the ROM? I didn't know you could do that.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    yea i was wondering how that would be done as well mine does the same exact thing random hotsync's but it was only after i did the palm update anyone else notice if it was after their update