1.    #1  
    Got my treo 680 and would like to have some mp3 ringtones - i guess I could just go and truncate a bunch of mp3's and load them on an SD card but is there an easier/betterr way i.e. an app specifically for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bruckwine View Post
    Got my treo 680 and would like to have some mp3 ringtones - i guess I could just go and truncate a bunch of mp3's and load them on an SD card but is there an easier/betterr way i.e. an app specifically for this?
    MiniTones... no overhead as it just makes the mp3 available to the native 680 sound application and then excuses itself from the equation.

MiniTones also provides a popup utility to trim the mp3 in either direction.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1053.html

Quote Originally Posted by MiniTones

This small freeware app allows you to select a MP3 file and add it to your ringtone list in Sounds. It also features a file splitter so you can use a section of a song instead of the whole song. A drawback to this is that it copies the file to main memory and can be a memory hog. Usage of the files does not require the app to be installed.
    Note: This app does NOT convert a MP3 to MIDI. It only adds a MP3 into the sounds list.

3.    #3  
    Thanks Big_OTR_Fan I'll try it out!