1.    #1  
    This is the most frustrating part of owning the 680 for me - whenever anyone sends me a MMS message, it is always a thumbnail - and there doesn't seem to be any way to get the picture full-screen! I have reported this to Palm people and they claim to be working on a fix. I can't be the only one with this problem, can I?
    Same here. There was a thread a while back about this. Somehow the "incoming data" has a cap and resizes images. Or something to this nature.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I have been looking at MMSC software, to see if it could work to have my own... (Free MMS!) One of the 'features' of most of the packages, is automatic reforumulation of MMS attachments, specifically, changing the images attachments so they display properly on your phone and changing .wav files (for sound, voice recordings, etc) to .amr files. I am on T-Mobile, and just realized yesterday that their MMSC is doing this. Images on the Treo always look small, as though they are being formatted for a smaller phone, like my SDA. I am going to try and change the phone type on the my-tmobile site and see if that helps.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I have same problem with my old Treo 650. But new Treo 680 displayed fullsize of MMS. I think it's carrier issue.
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    i have this issue with my 650 on t-mobile, maybe its t-mo?
    Open the message and look at the pop-up menus for the image. You can choose between "view" and "save". Choosing "save" will put the original image into the album of your choice, not the thumbnail.

Not the most intuitive interface, I agree, but at least it's all there. No resizing is happening anywhere.
    Last edited by OldManLink; 01/09/2007 at 05:33 AM. Reason: punctuation
    T-Mobile automatically resizes incoming MMS images to 160x120 pixels if they're bigger.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  8.    #8  
    Well, so far - the only way I can get full-size images on my 680 is to save them, hot-synch, go into the Palm desktop - resize them - and send them back to the Treo! Not a very user-friendly method of saving a picture message! There has got to be a fix for this. Is it only T-Mobile? What about Cingular customers?