1.    #1  
    noob to the treo thing. just got my first one.

i want to be able to see the files on my treo (namely my SD card) via PC hotsync connection...

suggestions?
  2. wpy
    Free: Filez
    Best: Resco Explorer

congrats on the new Treo
    cheers
  3.    #3  
    great. thank you.

so third party software huh... any downsides to the free utility?
  4.    #4  
    ok d/l'd Filez... it looks like a utility that's on the Treo... not on my desktop...

?
  5.    #5  
    filez seems like something to manage the files on your treo... i want to be able to view the files on my treo from my computer while it's synced up
    There is nothing like a "File Explorer" in Palm Desktop but you can use XP's Explorer (or similar) to browse your files in your Palm directory on your laptop or desktop. I second the recommendation for Resco Explorer but as you say, these are both (Resco and FileZ) for use on the Treo.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    There is nothing like a "File Explorer" in Palm Desktop but you can use XP's Explorer (or similar) to browse your files in your Palm directory on your laptop or desktop. I second the recommendation for Resco Explorer but as you say, these are both (Resco and FileZ) for use on the Treo.
    thx for the info... could you elaborate on how to use Windows explorer to view files on the connected treo?
    What you are asking for is a standard Windows Mobile feature. There is still time to swap it for a Treo 750 ....

Surur
    Explorer can only view files that have been Hotsynced to your laptop/desktop. Card Reader is one program that can manipulate files directly that reside on your expansion card. I don't recall if there is a program that will allow you to directly connect to the device. Hope this helps.

Clarification: Actually, once connected via Card Reader, Explorer *can* be used to manipulate files on the card as it appears as just another drive.
    Last edited by copernicus; 01/07/2007 at 06:09 PM.
    I kinda like cardreader, works great but it is only for your sd card. It is a great app. Makes your sd card just like an external drive on your desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by bags View Post
    noob to the treo thing. just got my first one.

i want to be able to see the files on my treo (namely my SD card) via PC hotsync connection...

suggestions?
    You need this, I guess:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...m_File_Browser

Palm File Browser 1.3

You need some patience configuring it tought, but it is reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    You need this, I guess:
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...m_File_Browser

Palm File Browser 1.3

You need some patience configuring it tought, but it is reliable.
    It's nice to know that this is there (as I suspected).