1.    #1  
    Try this out -

Have Phone Technician set to power off screen during calls (to save battery)

Make a call from the 680
    Screen goes to black during the call after specified time
    Hit the home key to bring the screen back (not the red btn, the home key) and the call gets disconnected.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Try this out -

Have Phone Technician set to power off screen during calls (to save battery)

Make a call from the 680
    Screen goes to black during the call after specified time
    Hit the home key to bring the screen back (not the red btn, the home key) and the call gets disconnected.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is most likely because it was originally written for the 650. On the 650, hard button #4 was the end call/power button. On the 680, it is now the home button. Phone Technician is looking at the buttons being pressed based on physical orientation, not funtion.
    I have a similar problem. When press the home key it takes me back to Initiate sometimes. Other times when I do it I get the WSOD. My workaround is to just press the phone button to go back to phone screen. It works for me and it sort of makes more sense to press it to go back to the phone screen than it does to press home key to go back to the phone screen, IMO.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    The new version of Phone Technician (2.75) seems to have fixed most issues for me on my 680. I don't get crashes or have weird button problems. It's been designed with 680 compatibility for a while too, so it knows which button is which. Never had your problem specifically, though.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  5.    #5  
    I should have been clearer in my first post - I am using version 2.75 and can easily replicate the behavior.
    I have PT too and have no issues.