Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read the post on essential apps, and I have tried treo alarm, nice app, I like the incorporation of the weather forcast. I thought it was a freeware program, but it cost $18.50. I have no problem paying for programs but if I do I would like to think I am getting the best, are there any programs you would recommend similar to this one that might be better??

Thank you in advance
    If you have a weekly schedule, you may try the free WeekUp Lite.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Try Butler if you want alarms and a lot more utilities (but no weather).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have found the built-in calendar app to be adequate (or I suppose the tasks app would work also if you don't want to show them on your schedule). It can do multiple recurring alarms and you can pick the alarm sound.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    For something different you could try DiddleBug (freeware).
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm happy with mobileClock. Many other's seem pleased as well.

It's my travel alarm clock, and my laundry timer when I'm home.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    WatchMaker
    I use MegaClock. Very good, but not free.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    What's the difference between WeekUp lite & the full version?
  10.    #11  
    Thanks for all your help, I will definetly look into all of them, I like being able to schedule different alarms, turn the treo on/off, and the weather update. Maybe I need to look into two different programs.
    Thanks Again for all your answers and quick responses, I will still gladly take more suggestions!
    I think that here you can find everything you are looking for:

http://www.palmarysoft.com/products/...less/overview/

Butler for alarms and missed call/sms/calendar reminders, and 4Cast for weather.

Stay away from TreoAlarm, it resets my phone about once a week and when that happens the alarm doesn't sound. Not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sblanter View Post
    What's the difference between WeekUp lite & the full version?
    In both versions you can schedule your weekly alarms, but only in the full version you can introduce exceptions from that routine if, for example, in a given week you don't have to be woken up that early.

So in the full version you can make an exception for the coming week only, and this exception will not change the general routine for future weeks.

Other than that, the lite version is fully functional and with no constraints.
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    Mobile Clock
    Has a timer, alarm and stopwatch.
    Can use mp3's and your own photos.
    Not free though.
    Butler is excellent & 4Cast is the same combo I use. I also second staying far, far away form TreoAlarm. Not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Butler for alarms and missed call/sms/calendar reminders, and 4Cast for weather.

Stay away from TreoAlarm, it resets my phone about once a week and when that happens the alarm doesn't sound. Not good.
    I've been getting some resets due to MobileClock recently, never was an issue before. I instantly used Uninstall manager to remove it and may reinstall a new prc.
    I use butler for alarms
    atm I use butler...6 great adjustable alarms, plus the keyguard is superior than the 680 's in my opinion!
    I've tried both programs as a free demo and very much prefer 2playme over the Butler. The interface is nicer, the snooze button is more convenient, and the extra features are actually useful. The Butler has a bunch of features that really are unnecessary. With 2playme, you can schedule your phone to turn off at 11 p.m., or any other time, and then turn on at 7 a.m., or any other time. This feature is great for avoiding the midnight phone call from random people. You can also save battery life this way. Moreover, you can further save battery by scheduling your Bluetooth to turn off and turn on at specific times. I liked it so much, I bought it.

both programs come with a free demo version so just try them both.
    Last edited by usthaiguy; 01/27/2007 at 06:35 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast