Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
    My drain starts out around 10% per hour. My 680 was plugged in from 6pm to 8am with the SIM card removed: 14 hours! I unplugged it at 8:15 AM. By noon, it was 61%. 3 hours have passed and it is now down to 39%. I have not used the Camera application. Bluetooth has been turned off all day. The Network is connected and has been since early this morning. I have had 3 calls, with total talk time of less than 10 minutes.
    7 hours => 60% discharge = 8.5% / hour. Leads to about 11.5 hours before it will shut off (assumming it shuts off at 5%). Depending on why your network is on this may not be unusual.

What network programs are you running? (Chatter, Verichat, Network Time sync?)

I think it isn't your talk time, but rather what you are trying to access on the network. It's a significant drain and more so if the GPRS signal is weak.
    There just has to be something to this. I have network settings detection turned off again and today have worse battery life. No rhyme or reason. Too inconsistent. I never know which day I'm going to get relatively battery life.
    I really hope it's not a hardware problem. Too bad the symptoms seem to be so different with different users. With me, the (main) culprit is definetely the camera. After a battery reset, and not using the camera, I am getting results which are consistent with the promised 300 hrs stand-by time. (I've done this test only a couple of times, when the starting level of the battery has been around 70 %, so these results are by no means conclusive; they make me pretty happy, though.) With the phone ON, all-bars reception and GPRS, no BT and no IR, the power consumption has been 3% in 9 hrs, 4% in 12 hrs. That translates (assuming that power drops at a consistent level) into 300 hrs stand-by time.

But if I use the camera, the battery starts draining much faster again, 5% per hour even with the phone off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Wanderer View Post
    I really hope it's not a hardware problem. Too bad the symptoms seem to be so different with different users. With me, the (main) culprit is definetely the camera. After a battery reset, and not using the camera, I am getting results which are consistent with the promised 300 hrs stand-by time. (I've done this test only a couple of times, when the starting level of the battery has been around 70 %, so these results are by no means conclusive; they make me pretty happy, though.) With the phone ON, all-bars reception and GPRS, no BT and no IR, the power consumption has been 3% in 9 hrs, 4% in 12 hrs. That translates (assuming that power drops at a consistent level) into 300 hrs stand-by time.

But if I use the camera, the battery starts draining much faster again, 5% per hour even with the phone off.
    Wow!! Most people here would be thrilled to be getting the battery usage you are quoting! 8% per day is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Wow!! Most people here would be thrilled to be getting the battery usage you are quoting! 8% per day is incredible.
    That would be 8% in STAND-BY. Of course, making calls, checking emails, playing with Google Maps, reading documents, making calendar entries etc. etc. tend to have an adverse effect on my ability to keep the phone in constant stand-by However, I have no way of making any sort of an estimate of the power consumption during the different usages of the Treo, only of stand-by.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234