1.    #1  
    Okay, I have a stupid-simple question about selling my new Treo 680, for which I paid only $75. Cingular shipped me the 680 with a new SIM installed. I already have a 650 though - I was planning to upgrade to the 680, but I'd rather sell the 680 instead and maybe make a few bucks. Do I leave the new SIM installed - the SIM that Cingular installed into the 680 when they shipped it? Or, does that SIM somehow have embedded personal information about me on it (ie, my phone number, a tie to my Cingular account number, etc). I have no idea what information is on a SIM, so I'm not sure if I should somehow delete what's on it, not include it with the phone, if someone is supposed to insert their own SIM, etc.

I just saw someone selling a 680 on eBay and he said, "ready to go - just insert your SIM card", which is what is prompting my question.

Also, should I leave it locked, or somehow unlock it - does it matter?
    NO. Take the sim out.

If it's easy for you to unlock (calling customer service and doing it for free) then do that but if you need to pay someone then just sell it locked.
    You'll need that sim for your 650 just pop it in and it'l be yer phone again ! let us Know when you get the 32 GB sim working on it .
  4.    #4  
    If I put the 680s SIM into my 650, what do I do with my current SIM that is in my 650? My current 650 is working just fine with its original SIM. Won't putting the 680s SIM into the 650 goof stuff up? Note - the 680 has NOT been activated, of course, and will not be activated by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by navinrjohnson View Post
    If I put the 680s SIM into my 650, what do I do with my current SIM that is in my 650? My current 650 is working just fine with its original SIM. Won't putting the 680s SIM into the 650 goof stuff up? Note - the 680 has NOT been activated, of course, and will not be activated by me.
    You don't ACTIVATE your phone, it's not a credit card. It's already activated and tied to your account, if not you wouldn't have a sim.

Slapping a sim in does nothing to the phone, it's like changing batteries in your flashlight. If there's a problem just swap back although I can't imagine any possible problems since it's a cingular chip in a cingular phone. It has to be a very highly tested combination of parts by this point in time.

The only thing is did you get a new phone number to get the $75 phone or did you just extend the contract. The new chip might be for the new phone number if you got one.