Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    So you have probably heard the leaked news around the web that Verizon is finally catching up to Sprint in offering live TV on your handset and its supposed to launch on 1/29. They are partnering with Qualcomm to stream their Mediaflo service which is supposed to be pretty good..........it will offer TV on your cell phone I think for Vcast subscribers............but here is my question..........do you have to buy a new handset for this? I have a Verizon Treo 700p - is this phone able to get Vcast - or do you have to have a special chip to get and run the TV service (i.e. upgrade to a new phone from the Treo?)...........
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    they will stiff us I am sure... should be just software.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    VCast is NOT available for all Verizon Wireless Treo's, including 700p.

If live/streaming TV is what you want, you may want to try MobiTV http://www.mobitv.com/products/products.php?i=treo.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    SlingMedia just announced Slingplayer for the 700p at CES in Vegas. Beta starts within 30 days. Will be available in the 1st Qtr 2007.

-Stew
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    rather have the slingmedia app. verizon will charge another $10-$20 a month for this I am sure
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sysmg View Post
    SlingMedia just announced Slingplayer for the 700p at CES in Vegas. Beta starts within 30 days. Will be available in the 1st Qtr 2007.

-Stew
    I would love to be able to catch NFL playoff games while out and about!