1.    #1  
    I was really surprised when the price got announced, even my friend who works at Canada’s largest cell phone carrier didn’t believe me either. Back in the days, the 600 and 650 was so damn expensive, even with a 3 yr term and data contract.

IMO, I really believe Palm has made the 680 really cheap to stop the infamous Blackberry’s. They really improved the unit, compared to the 600 and horrific 650.

What do you guys think? Why is the 680 so cheap?
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    I was really surprised when the price got announced, even my friend who works at Canada’s largest cell phone carrier didn’t believe me either. Back in the days, the 600 and 650 was so damn expensive, even with a 3 yr term and data contract.

IMO, I really believe Palm has made the 680 really cheap to stop the infamous Blackberry’s. They really improved the unit, compared to the 600 and horrific 650.

What do you guys think? Why is the 680 so cheap?
    The phone pretty much is a 650. The screen and the CPU are cheaper now than they were when the 650 came out. This allows them to bring the price down. If they put a 500 Mhz CPU in the 680 it would be a lot more.

As technology gets older it gets cheaper. Palm is taking advantage of this.

I paid $400 with a 2 year contract for my Treo 600.
    well I'M not complaining! If it wasn't for progress I still couldn't afford a treo!
    Horrific 650? I've had a 600, 650 and now a 700P. The 650 was the most stable of them all, once the ROM update came through and I got the right mix of apps installed. My 700P resets once every week or two. My 650 reset once a month, at most.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.