1.    #1  
    Mine should be here Tomorrow. Just looking for any tips.
    yes - for a few weeks now. there is a thread on this.

BTW my fastest 'card reader' for it is my Nikon D80 camera!
    I just finished loading up my new Transcend 8GB card. Card Export II works fine with it, though write speeds are pretty slow. The new Brando 55-in-1 card reader is better. It's about 5 times faster than Card Export. Shipping from Hong Kong to New York only took one week (even with the New Year's holiday schedule).
  4.    #4  
    I thought the thread was for 700p's?
    can u post a link to the carrd reader, I don't want to have to use my D80 too. :P
    Here is a link to the Brando card reader:
    http://shop.brando.com.hk/bw55in1cardreader.php

... and a review (with pics) from The Gadgeteer:
    http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/...ed_card_reader
    D80 eh? I'll have to try speeds on my istDL after I get a SDHC card. heh it just got a firmware update to support SDHC.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    i have the transend 8gb card and their sdhd card reader ($10.00). it's great. i have 5 full length movies (reduced to cd size appox 700,000 kb each) via nero. over 800 songs, tons of other stuff including my tom tom maps for the western united states.

the phone had no problem what so ever recognizing it. and, the card reader is super fast.

alan
    I have the Transcend 8GB SDHC and it's much slower writing than my 4GB Adata 150x. Not sure if the issues is vendor, write speeds is slower due to the size, or there's a difference between 150x and SDHC. Regardless, I've ordered an AData 8GB SDHC to see if there's a difference. I'll post my VFSMark results for the two cards with the same data loaded.
    Did you format it with 32k chunks?
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by novfilms View Post
    i have the transend 8gb card and their sdhd card reader ($10.00). it's great. i have 5 full length movies (reduced to cd size appox 700,000 kb each) via nero. over 800 songs, tons of other stuff including my tom tom maps for the western united states.

the phone had no problem what so ever recognizing it. and, the card reader is super fast.

alan

Alan,

which transcend reader did you get? Is it
    M1 Mini Card Reader Product P/N: TS-RDM1 ?

I'm thinking of getting the 8gb but i want to make sure I got the right card reader.

thanks,
    joe