Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a good 4GB or 8GB SD Memory Card that will work for the Treo 700p. I especially want it to play video files....using mostly TCPMP.

I have a 4GB SGL Memory Card which is 'dog crap.' Excuse the language, but 3/4 of all the files copied over from my laptop are 'errored.' The language looks 'Arabic' when I look at the files copied over. Some are alright, most are not! 1 out of 5 video files will copy over correctly...that is it!

I have formatted the card several times....and still get the same results. I have had good luck with other cards, but the AGL is near worthless.

What cards have you had good luck with? I guess you get what you paid for.....
    The Transcend 150x 4Gig card is very good. Good Luck!
    Sure, there are good cards out there.. Ones that are name brand that have a reputation of quality, not the absolute cheapest card you can scrape off of eBay.

But if you're getting that much corruption, I suspect something other than the SD card.
    Everyone will have their favorite brand and/or brand horror story. . . . . . but I have used SanDisk cards for 5 years now without a hitch. With that said -- Sandisk's 4GB is an SDHC format that may or may not work in the Treo 700p. (The Sandisk web site does not list it as a compatible device, but there may be more clarifing information on this in the various SD card threads that are out there.)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132161

I am currently using the Transcend 150X 4GB SD card in my 700p. In use, the card is not as fast as my standard blue Sandisk 2GB was -- but I was looking for "real estate" more than "speed" in my change over.

In access to files and the playing of songs -- the Transcend is working well -- I have had no issues there. (My Treo taken videos have played back just as well as they did on the 2GB card, but I have not played movies to give you that yeah or nay.)

My only warning is that the write speed to my Transcend 4GB is very slow, but this may be a function of card size and not a brand specific issue, or just an issue with my specific card. (I have tried the card in a 650 and two different 700Ps -- and the write speed was the same on all three devices -- as well as the same relative slowness in my PC's card reader.) The write speed is not a big issue for me -- the card does what I want it to and I would buy another -- unless another proven brand comes out with a compatible card with a higher speed and mega-capacity.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/05/2007 at 09:37 AM.
    Make sure you format it in the Treo, not the computer. Any card I've tried works fine in mine. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Patriot 133x 4Gb works great too. Formatted in the computer with 32k chunks in FAT32.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA