1.    #1  
    I'd like to easily transfer photos from iPhoto on my Mac to my Treo 700p. I'd like to do it without using Missing Sync, if possible (Missing Sync seems great, I just want to avoid the added--albeit minor--expense).

I'm planning to use a program called "SyncTunes" to sync the Treo and an iTunes playlist, and in order to do so, will have to remove the SD card and put it in a card reader (I know I could avoid this via Missing Sync). Since the SD card will be in an external reader, is it an easy process to copy photos to it from iPhoto? I think Missing Sync could change the size of the photo so you weren't copying 1280 x 1024 resolution photos to it. Are there any other iPhoto plugins or programs that'll do what I need?

Thanks!
    Coming atcha from Phil a del phi a

Nokia 6160 --> Sony Ericsson T610 --> Treo 700p
    From Palm site:
    Options for Macintosh
    Transfer photos to your Mac as JPEGs with a HotSyncŪ operation. Then open them in iPhoto, or other image-editing application, for organizing and editing. Use the included "Send to Handheld" droplet for easy drag-and-drop transfer of your photos from your Mac to your handheld during your next HotSync operation.
    I've gotta say, I'm severely disappointed in palm for two reasons regarding the mac. First off, you would think they would support all the new intel macs, but no, they still haven't compiled a universal binary, so the two or three things that have to always run in the background run through rosetta, which I just dislike because it unnecessarily uses up resources. Even Missing Sync has a universal binary. The second is the fact that the mac version of Palm Desktop has no way to uninstall it whatsoever. You HAVE to go and manually remove all the files. It took me a while to do all this. Palm really dropped the ball here, and it's yet another thing I'm disappointed in. I mean come on, the 700p came out after the intel macs, and the 700p disc has a later version of palm desktop than is on the palm website, but STILL, it's not intel native. And why the heck is there no uninstaller? It was in previous versions for OS X, why in gods name would they take it out?

Missing sync, in this respect is far better, albiet I wish missing sync had a few more options (like forcing the handheld to overwrite the computer), but it syncs much better with the OS X native applications than Palm Desktop and the iSync conduit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D View Post
    Missing sync, in this respect is far better, albiet I wish missing sync had a few more options (like forcing the handheld to overwrite the computer), but it syncs much better with the OS X native applications than Palm Desktop and the iSync conduit.
    I'm using the Missing Sync on my G5 and my Sprint 700P. There is definitely a setting for having the "handheld" overwrite the computer.

I know this because in setting up to sync my new 700P I inadvertently overwrote all my Entourage contacts and had a tough time getting most of them back with a slightly older backup of the MS user database.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I just batch export my library to a folder on my desktop,with resizing to 320x240 and then copy to my sd card. Its quick and easy and I have my whole library on my treo for the best wallet show ever. As far as 'syncing' I can't help you. I hate missing sync and just use the isync conduit for ical, adress book,etc...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler