Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    AS YOU GUYS KNOW I WASHED MY TREO IN THE WASHER MACHINE NOW MY SCREEN WONT WORK. SO I CONTACTED ASSURIAN PEOPLE AND THEIR GONNA SEND ME A NEW ONE

BUT THIS IS WHERE I NEED YA'LL HELP.

IM TRYING TO HOTSYNC MY PHONE- IT CONNECTS TO THE USB AND THE LITTLE RED AND BLUE ARROW THING IS ON THE CORNER OF MY COMPUTER

SO HOW CAN U UPLOAD / IMPORT MY CONTACTS WITH OUT A SCREEN

SO I CAN IMPORT TO NEW PHONE

PLEASE HELP I'LL DO ANYTHING I EVEN PAY
    the usb connector should have a button in it.. press it...
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    how do you know the device is on? does the LED flash? to hotsync connect the cable. Does the computer recognize the device in the device manager of windows? if it does press the button on the cable. If not, the device is dead and you are sol.

good luck
  4.    #4  
    Yes The Red Light Under The Antenia Is Solid And Yes My Computer Recognizes The Usb Port
    and the hotsync button on the usb connector... does that work?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    and the hotsync button on the usb connector... does that work?
    YUP I PRESS THE BUTTON AND THE LITTLE CONNECT SOUND COMES ON
    and does the pc show that it is syncing???
  8.    #8  
    and does the pc show that it is syncing???
    YUP I HAVE THE LITTLE ARROWS IN MY BOTTUM RIGHT HAVE CORNER BY THE CLOCK
    but when you hotsync... a window should popup on the pc.... (are you on mac or pc)?

do you see that window?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If your damaged Treo is still able to perform a complete hotsync, restoring your contacts to the new Treo is simple. Hotsync the damaged phone one final time. Now, hard reset the new phone, just to be sure there is noting left over from previous use(er). Hotsync the new phone, being sure to select your user name when promped to do so. Your existing default databases (contacts, datebook, todo, memo) as well as any 3rd party applications residing in your backup folder (c/programfiles/palm/username/backup) will now be restored to the new Treo.

If you have any 3rd party programs with registration codes that are device ID specific, you will need to contact that apps developer for a new registration. This is the straight forward way, but keep in mind there is always the possibility of a corupt file causing a problem. If you encounter a problem, just post back here.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  11.    #11  
    but when you hotsync... a window should popup on the pc.... (are you on mac or pc)?

do you see that window?

NO I DONT YUO I HAD TO GO TO START-PROGRAM-PAL-HOTSYNC

THEN IT STARTED UP
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn View Post
    If your damaged Treo is still able to perform a complete hotsync, restoring your contacts to the new Treo is simple. Hotsync the damaged phone one final time. Now, hard reset the new phone, just to be sure there is noting left over from previous use(er). Hotsync the new phone, being sure to select your user name when promped to do so. Your existing default databases (contacts, datebook, todo, memo) as well as any 3rd party applications residing in your backup folder (c/programfiles/palm/username/backup) will now be restored to the new Treo.

If you have any 3rd party programs with registration codes that are device ID specific, you will need to contact that apps developer for a new registration. This is the straight forward way, but keep in mind there is always the possibility of a corupt file causing a problem. If you encounter a problem, just post back here.
    ALL IM TRYING TO DO IS PUT THE CONTACT IN THE PALM DESKTOP

I DONT HAVE THE NEW PHONE YET AND I CANT SEE WHAT IM DOING ON THE SCREEN OF MY DAMAGED PHONE
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsbaby24 View Post
    THEN IT STARTED UP
    So you saw the window?? If you saw the window then it sync'd... you can now proceed to cgordonn's post of what to do when the new phone gets here.

Side Note: is your cap or shift key stuck? Just curious
  14.    #14  
    I Dunno Know I Cant See On My Screen

But Yest Thanks For Yall Help

It Worked
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Man, you really bent the concept of CLEAN install

Anyhow, here's an app that lets you browse your phone directly from the PC:

http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=813

This may definitely help you in cases like yours. There's a trial period that should be enough to take care of your situation.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    do you have sd card? do you run any automatic schedulled backup software to backup to sd card ? do yo have pdareach installed?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo15 View Post
    Man, you really bent the concept of CLEAN install

Anyhow, here's an app that lets you browse your phone directly from the PC:

http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=813

This may definitely help you in cases like yours. There's a trial period that should be enough to take care of your situation.

THANKS ALOT THIS DID HELP
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
    do you have sd card? do you run any automatic schedulled backup software to backup to sd card ? do yo have pdareach installed?

HONESTLY I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT
    If you do a hotsync once in a while, all or most of your contacts will be in your computer either in Outlook or Palm Desktop.
    Not trying to be funny or anything , but do you use any typeofbackup software.
    As a general rule you should back up your treo to the sd card. Also when ever you do a hot synch the treo is automatically backed up to your plam desktop.
    Do you see any contacts in the palm desktop software.

Also in a worse case. If you have Sprint you can go online and see all the numbers you have used in the last couple of years. It wont have the names attached , but it is better than nothing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast