Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Out of the blue this morning, my 700P displayed a screen saying that it had to update the vision service and when I responded with "Now", it went through a lengthy update process.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this today?

SMEGGIE
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    updating now actually. Totally out of the blue, didn't even turn it on.
    I had it come up and it updated fine. Came back later on and it failed. Came back a third time and failed again with error:3000: weird.....
    Me too. And I'm getting error code #1012.

Turn off phone, turn it on get error. Three times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeller52 View Post
    Me too. And I'm getting error code #1012.

Turn off phone, turn it on get error. Three times now.
    Ok, rebooted and it's not trying to update anymore. The only change I can see is the Blazer is wicked fast now.
    I too got an update vision message on my Sprint Treo 700p within the past 1/2 hour. I went ahead and did so. Don't know what effect this has.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I did a *2 and the phone was updated by the automated attendant. Was fairly quick. PRL didn't change (still is 20225). Sprint Treo 700P.

I haven't noticed anything different (yet).
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Did we decide if this is just a PRL update?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Did we decide if this is just a PRL update?
    I don't think so...I am still at 20225 as well. It would be nice if there was someplace we could go to see what was updated, ya know???

SMEGGIE
    I agree that Blazer is really running much much faster on my regularly visited sites. It is what I would *finally* call 'blazing'. Kudos for the fix, it makes evdo really seem nicer now!!!

Can we get some bandwidth tests from you people? Post em!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I didnt get an update, I guess since I recently purchased the device it may have already or while getting it activated the device received the update then....

Blazer seems fast to me anyways...
    Could this be the promised Palm update?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7s+response%22
    Laissez Faire
    I don't think (or at least hope) that this is THE Palm update. switching between apps is still slow as ever.

Blazer does scream though!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Could this be the promised Palm update?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7s+response%22
    Phone updater has NOTHING to do with the firmware on the treo. It's only there as part of the CDMA IOTA program, which is the program that allows CDMA phones to automatically be provisioned for data over the air. All it does is download settings from the carrier for your Vision username and password, as well as server IP's, DNS's, and maybe a PRL.
    Got the same thing, but with "error code #1012" also. It tried 3 times & nothing, so I dialed *2, & it did an update, but NO PRL change. So I manually did an Vision Update & it went through. I don't notice a thing, my speeds are the same(with adjustment to my HA Code)@644.30. Plus in order to make any Blazer or Palm change it has to be via a ROM update, not OTA, so this update has to do with the Sprint Network, what? I dunno....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It's not specifically Blazer that is faster, but the data speed. They did something, at least in Austin for me, it's a much speedier connection it seems.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Just did the *2 and got the update, and yep Blazer is much more faster...
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    even in a non power vision location it seems faster.. or at least more steady than it was right before.

*2 worked for me... can't wait to travel to some EVDO locales
    I recently had my phone replaced with a brand new one from Sprint with a PRL of 20221. After seeing the OP last night, I used the *2 and it updated itself to 2025 saying that the process had been successful. This morning I woke up to the "Do you want to update provisioning Now, Later" message and chose "update now." After going through about a 2 or 3 minute process, a message came up saying that the process had failed because of a server error. Everything seemed to work fine after the process though. Then while I was browsing w/Blazer the same message came up again and I again tried to update. This time I got the Phone Updater: Error Code 1012 message saying "Could not connect to provisioning services. If this problem persists you may have to contact Sprint." I tried resetting a few minutes ago and will wait to see what happens. I don't remember if I reset last night...

Update: The reset seems to have stopped the messages, all seems well. I don't see any change in EVDO speeds which were quite fast all along.
    Last edited by copernicus; 01/06/2007 at 09:29 PM.
    My impression after the update is that nothing has changed. Blazer and internet speed seem about same to me.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast