1.    #1  
    I recently needed to swap 650 and now cant get bt hotsyncing, pdanet to work.
    I can initiate paring from my winxp sp2 to my treo and 650 pairs.
    When I look at available bt services, via bt advanced config/bluetooth config/local services I'm not sure what service I should be looking for - is it obex push? Regardless, I dont see anything here than needs a com port.
    In addition when I try add a serial service (virtual bt), the config app hangs.
    Also, when I dio discoverand specify my treo - I get the message that treo doesnt support virtual serial port. But when I look to "discover" virtual serial ports from the pc
    I have deleted the bt device from cache numerous times. Also deleted the hotsync connection numerous times and changed the serial port b/f from 3 to 5 numerous times. also gone through the hotsync setup process on the 650 numerous times and keep on getting the "port is in use by other application"
    Ideas????
    Last edited by RichNY; 01/04/2007 at 08:43 AM.
  2. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    To get the bluetooth serial port on your PC, you need to go to the "Bluetooth Configuration" dialog, and then click "Add Serial Service" in the "Local Services" tab to add the bluetooth serial port.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    To get the bluetooth serial port on your PC, you need to go to the "Bluetooth Configuration" dialog, and then click "Add Serial Service" in the "Local Services" tab to add the bluetooth serial port.
    yes - trying to do that, but the dialog is lockingup when I try to do this.