Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. jfme's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #1  
    Removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
    Talk time: up to 4 hours
    Standby time: up to 300 hours


    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...680/specs.html
  2. PFman's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    #2  
    Standby no.

    Usage yes (probably).

    Had 2 80 minute calls yesterday plus a few shorter ones and still had around 25% battery life after the phone had been off the charger for 8 hours.

    Didn't use it for anything else all day - may have received an sms but one at most and no data use.

    My battery life was poor then it improved and then got bad again. I pulled the battery for an hour on Tuesday (after reading about the camera/battery question) and the now the usage is ok again. Can't see it lasting more than 48 hours regardless of use though.
  3. #3  
    Hard reset treo. Turn off phone. Put away for several days. Check battery level. It would be interesting to see how long the 680 would last on a charge in this state. 300 hours is 12 and a half days.
  4. #4  
    Stand by?
    NO!!

    I've been experiencing incosistent battery drain, I still can't pinpoint what is happening...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  5. #5  
    I haven't tried it but I do believe you could approach 300 hours if left as a an organizer without phone or data or in fact actual useage (just in standby).

    This has come up alot on the boards but C'mon, how many of us achieve anything near the EPA gas mileage on our cars.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    Removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
    Talk time: up to 4 hours
    Standby time: up to 300 hours


    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...680/specs.html
    Only in my dreams am I getting 300 hours standby.

  7. #7  
    I get more than 4 hours of talk time, but not 300 hours standby. If I don't use the phone at all, I think I would probably get around 100 hours standby. As for talk time, I think I get around 6 hours. A few days ago I had a 3 hour phone conversation. At the start of my conversation I had 55%, and at the end the low-battery warning had come on and it said 9%.
  8. jfme's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #8  
    I guess "standby" is open to interpretation.

    Turning everything off (phone, data, pda) and just leaving the Treo in a drawer. In this case, more than standby, I would call this battery power leak. Call me crazy, but I expect my car to use very little to none gas when parked and the engine is not running.

    Or having it off with phone running in the background. (What I would consider as standby time in anything called a phone)
    Last edited by jfme; 01/04/2007 at 01:27 PM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    Turning everything off (phone, data, pda) and just leaving the Treo in a drawer. In this case, more than standby, I would call this battery power leak. Call me crazy, but I expect my car to use very little to none gas when parked and the engine is not running.
    Ahhhhh but your car will still continue draining electricity............



    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    Or having it off with phone running in the background. (What I would consider as standby time in anything called a phone)
    Having the phone running is more like parking your car with the engine running. Of course it's going to run down faster than turing the engine off.

    Besides, as has been mentioned elsewhere, Palm is still a very PDA centric company so naturally they would use that as their extreme end. Actually I have a few friends that don't use the phone at all, just the PDA so it's not out of the question for them to assume only PDA function.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfme View Post
    I guess "standby" is open to interpretation.

    Turning everything off (phone, data, pda) and just leaving the Treo in a drawer. In this case, more than standby, I would call this battery power leak. Call me crazy, but I expect my car to use very little to none gas when parked and the engine is not running.
    But you can't turn the pda off without removing the battery. With the data (GPRS), phone (radio), and display off, the pda is still on.

    This is the way palms work. If you had a Visor or Palm Pilot, this is the way the organizer part sat in 'standby' most of the time. That's why I bet that is their definition of standby.
  11. jfme's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
       #11  
    I get it....I guess "standby" means PDA function only.

    Funny enough.....I can't seem to find what the standby time is for the actual PDAs....

    Zire
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/z22/specs.epl
    battery
    Long-life rechargeable battery

    TX
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/handhelds/tx/specs.epl
    battery
    Long-life rechargeable lithium ion

    LifeDrive
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/mobi...rive/specs.epl
    battery
    * Rechargeable Lithium Ion


    In any case it is all clear now. Standby time is NOT Smartphone standby time, but rather PDA-only minimum function time.
  12. Maris's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #12  
    I have no problem getting the phone hours. As for standby, I can't say because even when I'm not using the phone, I am using the pda functions and have never left it alone long enough to find out. My battery has finally broken in, and I am quite comfortable going off to work for the day without carrying my charge cable any more.
  13. #13  
    I get over 4 hours of talk time with bluetooth on (See screenshot below). However like everyone has stated, standby time is a different story.

    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0/Battery5.jpg
  14. #14  
    wow, never knew palm fans loves them this much.
    standby of 300 hours means turning the phone off? whoa, the nokia's should start announcing 2 years standby time for their phones.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms View Post
    wow, never knew palm fans loves them this much.
    standby of 300 hours means turning the phone off? whoa, the nokia's should start announcing 2 years standby time for their phones.
    lol On a more accurate note, when turned off my Nokia E62 battery still powers up the phone after a month of "standby" with a bar or two left in life.

Posting Permissions