Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    hi all

new treo user here, (after a long time windows mobile! )
    I bought a treo from a friend of mine but when i put my sim into it,it accepts the sim and pin fine but cannot get signal.There should providers in my area but can only find one( the one i'm not with).
    Would it reject the sim if the phones locked(like an actual warning)?
    I live in ireland on vodafone irl, and provider i can find is meteor(usually there the worst for signal ).
    After a bit of googling i tried the *#*#1234# routine but got an error saying "sim lock not removed"..that got me thinking!

Any ideas folks, If its locked can you point me to the best unlocking company?

thanks in advance
    damo
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    For the 650, www.650unlock.com and www.unlockcellular.com are good. (For the latter, use coupon code TREOCENTRAL for $5 off.)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    finally got signal..so its not locked...got meself in a mild panic there!!!
    Anyway to boost the signal,software hack etc cos reception is shocking!!

damo
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Not that I am aware of.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    pity otherwise its a excellent phone,hardly getting any reception where i shuuld get full on my i-mate kjam(known for bad signal!)
    Go to the phone app, then Options->Phone Info->More. CarrierDB should be 255. If it's not, do a firmware update. Search around here for how CarrierDB affects your signal.
    Something is wrong, because my Treo 650 gets a signal as good as any other phone I've seen. It should be close, anyhow.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    sorted!investigated the aerial and low and behold the plastic bit holding the contact for the aerial was broken so superglue comes in handy again....getting full signal....phew!!!
    thanks for your help

damo