Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I received an offer in the mail from Cingular today for a Treo 680 for $74.99 after instant rebates. It states I need to re-up my contract and get the PDA connect plan. Has anybody else gotten this offer. Is it a good deal?

Since I am a Cingular Premiere account holder if I get this phone it still doesn't prevent me from getting another phone on this account later through my Premiere site and/or changing data plans. I'm thinking of getting this as a second/back-up phone.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    you could buy it for that price and sell it!
    I'd watch out for the rebates though...you might not be eligible since you already have a data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I received an offer in the mail from Cingular today for a Treo 680 for $74.99 after instant rebates. It states I need to re-up my contract and get the PDA connect plan. Has anybody else gotten this offer. Is it a good deal?

Since I am a Cingular Premiere account holder if I get this phone it still doesn't prevent me from getting another phone on this account later through my Premiere site and/or changing data plans. I'm thinking of getting this as a second/back-up phone.
    I recieved the same offer and upgraded my wife's phone with it. She already had unlimited PDA connect on her 650 so the only cost was the $75. You'll have to renew your contract for two years which prevents upgrades at the discounted price for at least a year.

It's no different than buying any other phone from cingular as an upgrade, just at an incredibly discounted price.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    you could buy it for that price and sell it!
    I'd watch out for the rebates though...you might not be eligible since you already have a data plan.

No mail in rebate. It is an instant rebate. I'm going to order it and just resell it. It seems new in box Cingular Treo 680's are selling for about $350 on eBay or maybe I'll use it for a few weeks or months and still sell it at a profit.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    You'll have to renew your contract for two years which prevents upgrades at the discounted price for at least a year.
    That's just it. Via my Premiere site I don't have waiting times for getting new discounted phones. I can get a new phone on any one of my numbers (I have 7) even if I just got a new one with a contract extension 2 weeks earlier. I'll be jumping on this deal tomorrow morning since it can only be done via the telephone # on the offer sheet.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I received the same offer and trashed it.

I believe Cingular' ve changed their upgrade policy to 18 months not 12 months as mentioned by coppertop (or atleast it affected on my plan.)

The "2-year PDA plan unlimited" cost twice as much which does the same less 200 SMS/MMS. (compares to Media Max Bundle 200 ($20/month/line)) Hence, the deal turn out to be a hefty price. $20/month x 24 + $75 + $18 = $573 plus TAX, meanwhile, palm sell it for $399 and you get a FREE music package and FREE color choice.
    Last edited by treoluv; 01/03/2007 at 11:06 PM.
    Treo Maniac?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Can't you just cancel the "2-year PDA plan unlimited" after you get your phone since the rebates are instant? That's what I plan on doing.

check the fine print, usually there is some clause that states you have to keep it for X amount of days.
    I'll be watching for this in the mail, or maybe ask about it.. Anyone seen this online, or scanned, etc? I'd like to bring it into the store when I go to buy mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop_dtx View Post
    check the fine print, usually there is some clause that states you have to keep it for X amount of days.
    Yes, check the fine print usually there is a hefty bill for early termination
    Can't you just cancel the "2-year PDA plan unlimited" after you get your phone since the rebates are instant? That's what I plan on doing.
    If I remember the "fine print" the unlimited commitment is for 12 months.

And are you sure about the Premiere Upgrades? I've got Premiere Service and could have sworn that the upgrade periods applied.
    That's just it. Via my Premiere site I don't have waiting times for getting new discounted phones. I can get a new phone on any one of my numbers (I have 7) even if I just got a new one with a contract extension 2 weeks earlier.
    You're right. Just tried it with no problem. I guess that explains the slightly higher price than what's in the retail stores. Good thing to know if I ever get tired of the 680.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Just called this morning and spoke to a very sweet young girl who didn't seem too knowledgeable about the Treo but was very anxious to sign me up for the offer.

I told her the line I'd like to use this with already had the MediaMax 200 unlimited data and that I didn't want to pay more for the same thing. She said that with the PDA Connect on the Treo, it would be "faster""........or something like that. I told her I had no problems with my current plan so she said I just needed to have the PDA Connect for 30 days and that after that I could switch back. I told her I wasn't sure and that I'd call back tomorrow. She asked me, "what's holding you back from doing this today?" so I told her I was waiting to get paid tomorrow and that I'd get it then. She said she would just add the charge to my account and I wouldn't have to pay for it until next month! On top of that she said she would note on my account that I could switch back to the MediaMax 200 after a month if I wasn't satisfied with the PDA Connect's performance.

Anyway, I ordered it and I'm now anxiously awaiting my new phone. BTW, the line I got this on was the same one I had just used to get a RAZR a month ago and a Cingulr 3125 a month before that!

Hey, I would probably consider this offer if I got this email. Does anyone know if any Cingular customer can take advantage of this offer? I've only been under contract for about 2 months with Cingular, and I tried out a couple Treo 680's and had to return them because they were buggy. I might try one again at that price.
    I believe it's only available to Premiere Service subscribers (offered through various employers).
    So how do you get Premiere Service? Only if you work for certain companies? How do you find out?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I received the same letter and ordered to replace my 650. Got the 680 yesterday and I agree with what I read in another TC forum "the 680 is what the 650 should have been". I am somewhat concerned about the battery life but I made it through a day with average use and still have about 1/3 battery left.

I do not have "Premiere Service" so if you want to try without receiving the letter the number is 1-866-295-6926.
    bcalis...

the link is somewhere on the cingular site... you enter your work email and it verifies which "plan" your business is signed up for. Larger companies likely get larger discounts while the smaller ones get marginal discounts.

I'm sure if you call the number webmiester posted, they can tell you if you qualify.
    I also received the offer and thought there might be a catch, but to my surprise they gave me the 680 for $74. I already had the media plan.

I love the phone but haven't been able to pair it with the bluetooth in my car. It has not worked. My Treo 650 worked just fine. Anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    So how do you get Premiere Service? Only if you work for certain companies? How do you find out?
    Click business center off the main cing site then you see that email box to the right to check your company e-mail. They must have a list of domains. It's good for money off the monthly rate plans (amount depends on your company plan). They must cut deals with big companies.

http://business.cingular.com/busines...questid=325268
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast