Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. kwf
    Quote Originally Posted by oriennix View Post
    I also received the offer and thought there might be a catch, but to my surprise they gave me the 680 for $74. I already had the media plan.

I love the phone but haven't been able to pair it with the bluetooth in my car. It has not worked. My Treo 650 worked just fine. Anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks
    I received the $74.99 offer in the mail and called the same day. The phone arrived two days later. Have not had any problems pairing my Treo headset or any of the long list of programs that I used on my 650.

Setting up my new 680 has been a breeze compaired to stabilizing my 650 after I got it.

My main reasons for upgrading was the increased memory and the internal antenna which I has gotten caught on a few things. Everyone I talk to say voice reception is better and the blazer browser is noticeably faster.

I already had the unlimited data plan so the only thing I had to do was renew my contract for another two years which I had no problem in doing.
    Well, let's see what happens.. I called the number today (thanks for posting that!!) and they gave me no fuss. I told them I had unlimited data (Media Max 200, but hey, it's unlimited!) but my wife did not, so they changed her plan to the PDA Connect plan at $40. No fuss, they didn't question the order at all. Hopefully it'll go through, as I'm not a premium/business customer. I have been with them for 8 years though, so I think I deserve it either way.

Hopefully I can change her unlimited data back to the MEdia Basics in a month or two, as she doesn't use data hardly at all.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Got my 680 today so I ordered another one to sell and a 750 to boot.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I had already upgraded to a 680, but was still within the 30 day return period when I received the "exclusive" offer for $74.99 in the mail. I called the number on the flyer and the (teriffic) CS rep credited my account the difference. So I got mine for $75. Very pleased with the unit and the price.

Now, ...about that 750.... I think I'll wait for another "exclusive offer." I can still upgrade my wife's phone!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Phones arrived.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    I had already upgraded to a 680, but was still within the 30 day return period when I received the "exclusive" offer for $74.99 in the mail. I called the number on the flyer and the (teriffic) CS rep credited my account the difference. So I got mine for $75. Very pleased with the unit and the price.

Now, ...about that 750.... I think I'll wait for another "exclusive offer." I can still upgrade my wife's phone!

Mac
    Same here...I already had my 680, and then I got the deal in the mail. I called that same day and since it was within the 30 day return period, they just credited me the difference right on my bill. I'm still waiting for my rebates in the mail though. as soon as they get here, (or at least I get confirmation that they were mailed) I'm going to cancel the PDA Connect plan and get the MediaMax 1000 plan, it'll still give the unlimited data, and I'll get 1000 text messages and it's $10 cheaper! I'm pretty sure the 2 year commitment was only for the voice service, and not the PDAConnect also. (Hopefully)
    I tried 4 different CSR's and they said I would have to take it back to the store where I bought it and try to get them to make the adjustment. I called again and got a rep that said that the store wouldn't even honor the 74.99 price and that the only way they could give me the 74.99 price was to send me out a new phone and then I could take the old one back to the store. I said that sounds crazy but go ahead. So now I get a new 680 plus they are sending out a Nokia 6030 as a "back up" phone for free. Go figure.
    So far so good.. No Cingular hitmen at the door yet, and I've gotten a 680 on both of my lines with this offer, kept my Media Max 200 on my line, let them put the PDA Connect on the second line. And today I used the Online Account Manager to remove PDA Connect. I couldn't add the Media Basic Bundle for some reason, but 5 minutes in the Online Chat service fixed that.

Yay.
    I got the offer and bought two 680s - one for me, one for my wife. After learning about the battery limitations, we decided to sell her 680 when we got it - and it sold for almost $400 on eBay. Even the guy I spoke with at Cingular suggested this when I tried cancelling the order for hers!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    So far so good.. No Cingular hitmen at the door yet, and I've gotten a 680 on both of my lines with this offer, kept my Media Max 200 on my line, let them put the PDA Connect on the second line. And today I used the Online Account Manager to remove PDA Connect. I couldn't add the Media Basic Bundle for some reason, but 5 minutes in the Online Chat service fixed that.

Yay.
    Someone catch me up, been away for awhile..
    What is PDA connect give you?
    What does Media Max give you?

are these better that Media Works that I currently have?
    Unlimited Data
    1500 sms
    200 MMS
    $20
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well, let's see what happens.. I called the number today (thanks for posting that!!) and they gave me no fuss....
    am I losing my marbles, or was the number deleted from the thread ? I just bought 3 680s and would liek to see if they will credit the difference ? can you IM the number or re-post it ? thanks.

losing my marbles - found it
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Someone catch me up, been away for awhile..
    What is PDA connect give you?
    What does Media Max give you?

are these better that Media Works that I currently have?
    Unlimited Data
    1500 sms
    200 MMS
    $20
    Stick with your Media Works plan. It's the best deal you are going to get. The Media Max plan is the new Media Works but none of the plans are as good as your old Media Works plan. I'm not sure what the PDA connect plan is but I would bet it still sucks in comparison to what you already have.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic

Yay.
    Did you have to change the type of phone you have online? Because, if I'm not mistaken, when they see a Treo 680 they will not allow a change to the Media Max plan. I'd like to do the same, but thus far have been unsuccessful. Thanks!
    Received the new Treo by FedEx today. It along with the free Nokia 6030 came with the 3G sim cards. Should I replace my old 64k card with this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithBryanJ View Post
    Did you have to change the type of phone you have online? Because, if I'm not mistaken, when they see a Treo 680 they will not allow a change to the Media Max plan. I'd like to do the same, but thus far have been unsuccessful. Thanks!
    Not sure what phone was listed on that line.. But I'd say try it, if it fails, talk to a CSR. If they won't do it, say thanks, and call back. Be polite. I bet you'll find one that'll change it without bothering with the phone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12