Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I'm using TCPMP and can NOT get a movie to transfer over from my computer to an SD Card! It will NOT transfer in a format that will play on TCPMP.

My old card DID get the transfers over alright. BUT, not this one. I get a "WIndows" file that is not recognized. How can I 'copy' a movie over from my laptop and 'paste' it over WITHOUT GETTING A DIFFERENT FORMAT?

Craziest thing in the world. Never had this problem before....

Thanks for any suggestions.
    What method are you using for the transfer from the computer to the sd card? Card reader, Card Export, plain HotSync (*bad* idea!), etc?
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have a card reader. I simply put the 4GB SD Card in the reader, the laptop recognizes this drive as "F". From my Movie Folder in the laptop..."C" Drive, I simply copy it and then paste it on the card.

The beginning of the movie is 'black', but when I copy it over I get that weird "Windows" symbol. It did NOT do that before on the other card. THIS SHOULD WORK !

Of course sticking it back into the Palm does not recognize the file which I'm running TCPMP.

Frustrating as hell..
    Please describe the 'weird Windows symbol'. Also: what file format is the vid in? Avi or WMV? And what codecs? Did the same file play before on the other card?

Wait! What device do you have? You said 4GB card, but please know that these aren't supported on Treo 650 and earlier (unless you have the fat32 patch installed and even then it's hit or miss).
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    The 'wierd symbol' is the WIndows Media Symbol (colored circle with an arrow). I believe this is an MPEG4 ... maybe not. BUT, these files have already been converted and ARE being sent over as an AVI. NOT 100% sure if TCPMP plays AVI....I don't see that in their Codecs and I don't remember.

YES...ALL these files played on the other card fine. I DO have a 700p Treo, so the 4GB card is not an issue here.

Thanks for any response.
    There is no codec marked .AVI, you need the ac3 one (or is it ffmpeg?). Just install all the little blighters cos you should have loads of space for 'em!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Yea... I got that one installed.

HOWEVER, I do NOT have the TCPMP program in the file under Launcher. Could that be the problem.

I think I just have it 'sitting' by itself on the card in the Palm Folder....

Suggestions ??
    Does TCPMP show up on your phone as a program? You have to install all the codecs and the main program PRC to the folder called 'Launcher' which is in the 'Palm' directory on the SD card.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)