1.    #1  
    Weird...

I loaded "fileZ and went exploring and found that I also have all the older original type ROM apps like "address, Tasks, Memo Pad, and now two versions of Camera!

I tried to use Filez to delete these definitely older apps - but of course get the message they are locked in ROM.

None of their icons shows up on the launcher screen - Only the new ones are vsisble - Contacts, To Do List, Memos and only one Camera icon, Seems to beonly one calendar app.

Anyone else notice this?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Those older databases are for assisting in upgrades from older units, which had the old database files. First HotSync creates the old-style databases, then the information is converted to the new data formats; during subsequent HotSyncs, the "old-style" databases will go away.

Since the apps are in ROM anyway, deleting them won't do you any good. They aren't taking up any RAM.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  3.    #3  
    Interesting,
    But something odd: when I tap on the "to do list icon - it brings up "tasks" as the program.

I had some things entered into the "to do list" but now can't seem to find them.

I've had this unit for several days and have hot synced it numerous times - I wonder if I go to the custom section of hot sync should I tell it to do nothing for these old databases?

hmm, well that scraps that idea.... to do list isn't even listed on the hot sync, nor are the old databases - just the new ones.

Are you seeing thses same "old databases" on your devices?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!