Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, everyone!! I haven't posted here in a while, but I'm wondering something. I went ahead and ordered an unlocked Copper 680 from Palm on December 20th (11PM) with the hope that it wouldn't really be backordered for 2-3 weeks. I know it's not much of an upgrade, but I figured it was worth it for me after almost two years w/ a 650.

So, after two weeks, my order status is still "Order Received," and I got a phone call today from GSI Commerce (who apparently processes Palm's orders..I verified this after speaking with someone "at" Palm when I called the number on Palm's website) asking to verify my shipping information so that the order could be processed. They could not confirm my order status; so, I called Palm again to get my updated order status. The person in that department of GSI told me that my order has basically just now begun the processing stage but also said that none of them have been shipped since I placed my order and that I am still at the top of the list to get one. My order status is still only "Order Received."

Have any of you ordered and received a 680 since December 20th? Have any of you recently received calls similar to what I received?
    ooooh, look at the shiny Copper Treo 680
  2.    #2  
    During the same minute that I posted this thread, I received an e-mail from Palm stating that my order had shipped!!!!!!!!
    There's no tracking number, though, and my order status on Palm's website has not yet updated..hmmph...I hope I still get the free overnight shipping.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    lol im in the same boat, i ordered my copper one almost a week ago and a couple of hours ago i was notified it shipped and it'l be here by saturday ^.^
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
    don't feel bad about a tracking number...i did not get a tracking number either.

i got the email it was shipped in the morning. the next evening my artic showed up!

I hope you got the free overnight shipping!
  5.    #5  
    I Just Got It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    no i got the free 3 day select b/c i got a special discount so the free overnight didnt apply. is it UPS FEDEX or USPS?
    Visor Neo-->Visor Edge-->Visor Prism(with Visorphone)-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 180-->Copper Treo 680-->Treo 270-->Treo 800w
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj View Post
    no i got the free 3 day select b/c i got a special discount so the free overnight didnt apply. is it UPS FEDEX or USPS?
    That's odd. I got a discount, too, but I still got the overnight shipping...UPS Next Day Air Saver
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ah well it could come in today then if its UPS, UPS doesnt come to my place for another 3 hours on their usual route through the city
    Mine shipped yesterday and is currently out for delivery. Should have it in a couple hours

This will be my first palm and smartphone. Although my primary purchasing motivation was the personal management features, if the video and audio quality is on par with my I-pod I would be extremely happy.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    well mine didnt arrive today so i can only hope that it will come in tomorrow since UPS doesnt deliver on saturdays or sundays >.<
    Just curious from those getting this latest shipment what are your firmware, software and carrierdb versions? Phone app-> menu-i
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Just curious from those getting this latest shipment what are your firmware, software and carrierdb versions? Phone app-> menu-i
    anybody ??
    My Treo that arrived yesterday:

Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680- 1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB:355

Is this different from the pre-December 20th Treos?
    mine arrived on december 21.
    i ordered it on the 18 or 19th.

i have artic white
    firmware mwo1.50
    software 1.04-row
    carrierdb 355
    hardware A
    Strange!

MY firmware reads "0000000000000000" (16 zeroes) yet the restis the same

i.e. software "TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB "355"
    hardware "A"
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    got mine today finally (copper)
    mine reads

firmware: MW01.50
    software: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Carrier: 355
    Hardware: A
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    FW: MW01.50
    SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB: 355
    ^^same

mine's crimson
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer1 View Post
    My Treo that arrived yesterday:

Firmware: MW01.50
    Software: TREO680- 1.04-ROW
    Carrier DB:355

Is this different from the pre-December 20th Treos?
    Same.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

My december silver palm is same-o no changes Let us know how they fare . is it the same battery?Mine is type 157-10051-00
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast