1.    #1  
    I called to complain about international text messages showing up on my bill. when I dialed *2 on sprint it said an update was needed for my phone, all it said was please hold while the update completes, on my treo screen it said SPL update.

Anyone have an idea of what this is?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I called to complain about international text messages showing up on my bill. when I dialed *2 on sprint it said an update was needed for my phone, all it said was please hold while the update completes, on my treo screen it said SPL update.

was it an spl update? or a prl update. a prl update is, i believe, the preferred roaming list. more info here.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    please let me know what comed out of the int. sms issue with sprint, I've been paying for them for the past 2 mo
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post

Its the PRL update...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I too received a message from SPRINT when I dialed *2. It is called a SPL update, when I went to Phone Info, my PRL went from 20221 to 20225. Not sure if it updated something else in the process.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 700p (Death by MR Update to 1.10) -> Treo 755p (Blue) -> Treo Pro with Sapphire Blue Innocase
    Basically when it starts downloading it states "Unlocking SPL" then the new PRL is downloading, then it states "Closing SPL" Not sure what SPL stands for, but its where your PRL is stored, if its unlocking
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Based on the text in the following URL, I'll venture a guess that it stands for "Service Provider Lock" (code):
    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=284709

I guess it stands for "Specific Programming Location" according to:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsu...ogramming.html

First off the MDN is the Mobile Directory Number that is your Phone number, the MIN is the Mobile Identification number that only applies if you port to another carrier. The SPL does not mean that the phone is unlocked, the SPL is the Specific Programming Location, it is part of the programming for the PRL some phones are SPL locked and you have to enable the PRL to allow the OTA or Over The Air Programming which is what *228 is, I don't know of a way to fully unlock the phone so you could take it to say Sprint or another CDMA carrier. I will post anything if I find out.

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/763480-2.html says:
    Posted by: hypercooljake

The SPL code is the code you have to type in to get to the programming menu (where it has 6 question marks). Its 000000 on all Verizion phones and if you change it, Over-the-air programming won't work anymore.

(Anyone want to TAKE THIS AND RUN WITH IT?)
    -- Bob
    Last edited by sudoer; 01/03/2007 at 07:35 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I got the same message that the OP mentioned and a new phone was updated from PRL ...21 to ...25.