1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've had the Palm GPS Nav 2 system on my Sprint 700p for a few months now. Overall I am very pleased with it, except for a few quirks. Trying to figure out if the annoyances are the "cost of doing business" or if it may be a problem on my device.

1. Does the Palm branded Holux receiver acquire a satellite quickly? My coverage indoors is awful. It usually takes a couple minutes outside before the orange light flashes indicating I have a signal. From everything I have read on Sirf III chipsets, the acquisition of a satellite should happen pretty quickly. But signals are only broadcast every 30 seconds from the satellites. So would this indicate that I may need a GPS firmware upgrade?

2. TomTom 6 - Quirkiness in connecting to the GPS receiver. I will have to enter a new navigation location a few times over to get it to connect. Often times if I go into the status screen of my GPS location I see a list of satellites in gray bars as if I am tracking them. But then they eventually turn blue and my location and navigation work just fine.

I am just trying to see if others with the combo are having better luck. Does it just work when loaded or do others have to tinker a bit to get it working more often than not.

Thanks for the bandwith....
    Keeping in mind that I use the Palm-branded Navigator 6 package on my Treo 650 almost exclusively in my car:

(1) My GPS receiver usually acquires a satellite very quickly, although there are some locations (like inside my house) where this isn't the case.

(2) I have never had to enter a new nagivation location in order to get Navigator 6 to connect to the GPS receiver.

Just one data point...
    Kenji
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    Often times if I go into the status screen of my GPS location I see a list of satellites in gray bars as if I am tracking them. But then they eventually turn blue and my location and navigation work just fine.
    The gray bars indicate that the receiver does NOT have a signal from that particular satellite, while blue indicates it does. There's also a summary indicated by the "signal meter" on the main display in the lower right... i.e solid bars indicate signal aquisition.

My TT BT receiver (SiRF III) typically aquires a signal outdoors in as few as a couple of seconds. Indoors can take up to a minute or so.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...