1.    #1  
    There were several threads about what to do when Versamail hoses up and starts re-downloading messages that were marked for Deletion. None of them had an easy solution so when I found one I figured I make it a new thread with an easy to search for title.

I went into Filez and deleted all the MMIDCache files. Then I deleted the following file, "Multimail Disconnected", re-synced with the mail server and all was well once again.

I'm don't think that deleting the Cache files was necessary because it did not fix the problem until I also deleted the Disconnects file.

I also recommend syncing all of your accounts first and letting it pull down whatever it wants before deleting the files to make sure nothing is lost. I am gonna guess that Disconnected contains info about when a sync gets cancelled or disconnected in midstream. Then if it gets corrupted, Versamail gets confused as to what needs to be pulled down or deleted. That was my guess when I decided to delete it. I've got this to work twice now so I have a pretty good basis for this reasoning.

Hope this helps and saves you the trouble of having to delete, recreate and resync an account.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Thanks, I'll try that next time. I KNOW there will be a next time.
  3.    #3  
    Sadly enough, I do too.
    Next time has arrived -- this time on both of my versamail accounts at the same time. I'll give your method a shot Bob-C.
    It worked for one of the email accounts, but not the other. (Maybe it worked for the one I had "active"?) Still, saved me a bunch of time.
  6.    #6  
    It should work for both of them. I think you do have to repeat the procedure for each account though. I have two accounts and got them both to work after a couple of swipes. Haven't had problems again for quite awhile now. So hopefully it cleans some garbage up.