Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Happy New Year, Treo Folks!
    I've set up my family & friends in the "Favorites" screen. The only contact that I can succesfully dial there is the "Voicemail" contact, and only by pressing the Green button. All of the other contacts in Favs. cannot be dialed using any button, whether its using touchscreen, green, phone, or center buttons! Surely I'm missing something here. Thanks so much in advance -Mike
    For it to dial, you need to setup your friends as a "speed dial" category type of listing in favorites. You can optionally assign them a speed dial number to make things faster. Once they are setup, you dial them by highlight then press the green button.

BTW, voicemail is always defaulted to 1 as a cellphone standard.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    For it to dial, you need to setup your friends as a "speed dial" category type of listing in favorites. You can optionally assign them a speed dial number to make things faster. Once they are setup, you dial them by highlight then press the green button.

BTW, voicemail is always defaulted to 1 as a cellphone standard.
    Hey bigcatny,
    When I go to edit each exisiting contact in Favs, "Speed Dial" is already selected in the drop-down menu for the type of listing. The green button is doing nothing when i press it as a contact is highlighted in the favs screen.

This is driving me batty. I'd be incredibly grateful for someone to help solve this with me
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me here? Sorry to come off as impatient, It's just frustrating not being able to use the Favs function

Thanks Again
    Quote Originally Posted by mkbomb View Post
    Can anyone help me here? Sorry to come off as impatient, It's just frustrating not being able to use the Favs function

Thanks Again
    Something process must be running in the background that causes your unit to slow down (or NOT allow dialling from the FAV screen).

This happened to me also a couple of days ago.

A soft-reset usually helps.
    I agree, it sounds like a software problem.

You might want to do a backup, soft or hard reboot then try it.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, it looks like the culprit is either the "Obfuscate" or the "KBLightsOff" app. Did a "Zero Reset", Hotsynced without those two apps, and voila! My favs screen is dialing out like a champ. I just hope that eventually I'll be able to reliably use my fave 650 apps. The 680 is a gorgeous phone, but not much more in terms of functionality

Thanks again, you guys are the best. -Mike
  8. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Looks like KBLightOff has been associated with a couple of problems eg Battery strength & now the above.

Anyone tried KeyShades? I am using this from day 1 & happy with it. It is Freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by tck View Post
    Anyone tried KeyShades? I am using this from day 1 & happy with it. It is Freeware.
    I have't had any problems with KeyShades v1.3b1
    I've been using KB LightsOFF and it doesn't hamper my favorites dialing at all, neither has it adversely affected my battery life. On the contrary it seems to have helped it.

What is "obfuscate"?

Dictionary definition means to hide or conceal - maybe Obfuscate is hiding some Treo programming from itself?
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I've been using KB LightsOFF and it doesn't hamper my favorites dialing at all, neither has it adversely affected my battery life. On the contrary it seems to have helped it.

What is "obfuscate"?

Dictionary definition means to hide or conceal - maybe Obfuscate is hiding some Treo programming from itself?
    Hey Forgewizard,
    Obfuscate is an app that enables you to hide apps that you don't want to see or don't use. I like it because it tidies up my screen. It worked great on my 650. Perhaps Obfuscate is the culprit, and not KBLightsOFF. Thanks for the reply, man. Enjoy the weekend
    I had a similar issue with my Treo 680, and all you have to do is unobfuscate the "Phone" application for the speed dial keys to work.
  13. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    In my case, I found out it was TealLaunch that interfered with Butler speed dialling & launching favorite applications.