1.    #1  
    Hi new user facing a problem with the backlight which doesn't dim even after setting it to dim in the preferences - Power - "On a call, dim backlight after: 30 seconds.
    I seem to have noticed the same... Maybe it only works if you have a default light level above, say, 50%...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Egholm View Post
    I seem to have noticed the same... Maybe it only works if you have a default light level above, say, 50%...
    Sadly this is not the case, tried defaulting the light level above 50% and it still doesn't dim. wonder why it doesn't dim if it's one of the features in the application.

Does anyone have the same problem?
    My brightness is set just below 50% and in the phone application it will dim.

Perhaps you have a program running in the background that is blocking the software command?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatny View Post
    My brightness is set just below 50% and in the phone application it will dim.

Perhaps you have a program running in the background that is blocking the software command?
    Sorry I'm a new user. so how do I make sure that all programs are shut off?
    Another option is to press the blue option button and then tge menu button, that usually would knock the keyboard brightness down a signifant notch.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Mooky,

Best thing to do is to do a backup on the computer. Then do a hard reset, that will erase everything by removing battery and re-insert battery while holding red button down wait for the 2nd palm screen then let go and follow instructions.

BEFORE doing a hotsynch rename the BACKUP folder on your computer. Follow the instructions here like it's a new upgrade
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=129942

Basically, if you know enough about the palm then you might be able to guess which program is causing the problem by looking at the list but if your really a newbie then it's best to have a clean install (data only) then install your additional applications ONE AT A TIME and use for awhile to make sure it's not the one causing problems.

Good luck