1.    #1  
    So I have had my 680 from about a month now. After the first 3 days I did a hard reset and solved the battery life / meter problems. I went from 1 day to about 3 days of battery life after the reset.

So I thought what the hell let me try this Agendus that I have read about. It looks like it can help me. So three days ago I installed the trail version and battery life has gone to crap again. I can now only get 1 day of battery life now.

Could Agendus be doing something in the background that is eating up battery?
    Only way to find out is to remove it temporarily ...
    I would assume it IS doing things in background given the fact it is such a large application.
    What exactly were you looking for in Agendus ?
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    You could disabled "Agendus handles alarms", it does nothing then unless you launch it.

I'm waiting for the "My dog farted and my 680 started using 20% battery an hour!" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I'm waiting for the "My dog farted and my 680 started using 20% battery an hour!" thread.
    LOL
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Wait, I think my dog did do that.... SON of A ...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    What exactly were you looking for in Agendus ?
    So far it is doing everything I want for meetings and tasks. The list views are sweet. It looks like I might purchase it. Those views would replace an app I have used for 5 or 6 years which really doesnt function well on the 680. I guess it is finally outdated.
    And which app was that ? Sorry for all the questions ...
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  8.    #8  
    And which app was that ? Sorry for all the questions ...
    It was called WhatzUp it came as a freebee from Dataviz with Documents to Go like version 2.
    Ah, I see. A Today view like application ...

I have this view with Datebk6 (Pimlicosoftware), major competitor for Agendus
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
  10.    #10  
    Ah, I see. A Today view like application ...

I have this view with Datebk6 (Pimlicosoftware), major competitor for Agendus
    Yup, Removed Agendus earlier and put on Datebk6. Checking it out.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I love Agendus and use it all day long. I was pleased it works great on my 680 except for the SMS area, which is a known problem and Agendus is working on it. As long as you tell it to let the Treo's messages program handle SMS, it works great.

There are preferences you can set up that allow certain features to work (or not) in the background. I have set it up so that it handles what I need, such as scheduled daily weather updates and a daily day in history update, and then disconnect. I also have it set to disconnect automatically once it downloads my e-mail. It takes care of the annoyance of having to go to the preferences/network and connect/disconnect and handles my data connections automatically for me. I have it set to handle all my alarms and haven't had any problems with it doing so.

My favorite feature is how it handles contacts. It has a view where you can see everything you've done with a contact, such as e-mails, phone calls, SMS, etc. which is very handy. It even lists the duration of the calls which is lacking in the Treo's phone contact view.

I highly recommend it.