1.    #1  
    FYI to Voice Dial Users

I purchased the full version of Voice Dial for $19.95 when I bought my Treo 650 two years ago. (The limited/trial version was provided on the install CD.)

Version 2.0 limited/trial version now comes on the 700P install CD.

The 650 version is incompatible with the 700p.
    The 650 registration number will not work for the 700p version.

Reseller and support entities have changed along the way, and they can no longer provide new registration numbers for the Treo 700p.

Long story short: If you purchased the full version for your Treo 650 -- you can get a new registration code that will allow you to use the full version 2.0 from the Treo 700p install CD without repaying the $19.95. You will need to contact Palm's Software Connection customer support and they will get you set up after verifing your original purchase.

Cheers, Perry.
    The same applies for the 680 version. I convinced them to release a new registration for my new 680.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    What number did you call or what email did you send the request to...please let us know. I have the same issue.

thanks in advance

rob

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    FYI to Voice Dial Users

I purchased the full version of Voice Dial for $19.95 when I bought my Treo 650 two years ago. (The limited/trial version was provided on the install CD.)

Version 2.0 limited/trial version now comes on the 700P install CD.

The 650 version is incompatible with the 700p.
    The 650 registration number will not work for the 700p version.

Reseller and support entities have changed along the way, and they can no longer provide new registration numbers for the Treo 700p.

Long story short: If you purchased the full version for your Treo 650 -- you can get a new registration code that will allow you to use the full version 2.0 from the Treo 700p install CD without repaying the $19.95. You will need to contact Palm's Software Connection customer support and they will get you set up after verifing your original purchase.

Cheers, Perry.
    Looking for Tampa Real Estate
    Tampa Homes | Tampa Foreclosures | Brandon Real Estate
    How good is the Voice Dial? I used to have a razr with Voice activated dialing on the phone and loved it. I had to go in and set up each contact i wanted to dial by voice. How does this work on Treo?
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonnot03 View Post
    How good is the Voice Dial? I used to have a razr with Voice activated dialing on the phone and loved it. I had to go in and set up each contact i wanted to dial by voice. How does this work on Treo?
    There is no training on VoiceDial...and it works...what a concept!
    --Nelson
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1 View Post
    There is no training on VoiceDial...and it works...what a concept!

SWEET!!! I just downloaded and will give it a try. Sounds like it is well worth it.

One Question:
    I got my Treo through Cingular and Good is a standard app. Palm reports that Voicedial will not work if Good is installed. Can I just delete the OTA Setup App and proceed?
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    FWIW I have found that Voice Dial is incompatible with Garmin's Que and Mobile XT software (although Voice Dial works if Garmin's program is not running). And Voice Dial does work surprisingly well with no training, even when I give my phone to friends with foreign accents.

By the way, Perry, thanks for the tip, I may need to avail myself of it soon.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    What number did you call or what email did you send the request to...please let us know. I have the same issue.

thanks in advance

rob

Greetings from the palm Software Connection (SWC) store.

We will gladly assist you in re-obtaining the 'Treo Voice Dial,' or the program's registration code. Below you will find a brief history which may help in explaining why you may have experienced difficulty in registering the program, or in locating your original order or code for the program.

Palm owns the Software Connection store, but operation was transitioned to new operators, Motricity, on 6/6/05. Orders and accounts created prior to that date are not available to Motricity. Additionally, the palm Software Connection store did not begin selling the program 'Treo Voice Dial' until 5/1/06. 'Voice Dial' was sold through palm by a different company up until May 2006. The current Software Connection store does not have records of any orders for the 'Voice Dial' program placed by the other company, and that includes previous registration codes.

We, Motricity, will gladly assist you in obtaining the program or the registration information, but we will first need you to set up a new palm SWC account. In order to expedite a resolution, please set up a SWC account by visiting the following link and entering the appropriate information: https://software.palm.com/us/html/login.jsp. If you have set up your account using a different email address then the one you wrote from please include that new address in your reply.

Please respond once you have set up your new SWC account. Be sure to enter the correct Hotsync ID from your device when creating your account as the registration code for this program is tied into your device's Hotsync ID.

One further note of importance. The registration code that we will be sending you will not work on the old version of 'Treo Voice Dial' that was pre-loaded on many devices, or included on the CD shipped with many devices. If you have not done so already you will need to download and install the new version of 'Treo Voice Dial' from the Software Connection. Once you Hotsync the new version to your device, version 2.0, you will need to tap on the "Install Voice Dial" icon on your palm screen on your device. Once the installation is complete the new version will be installed, and the registration code we give you will work - as long as you entered your correct Hotsync ID when setting up your SWC account.

If you have any additional questions regarding this matter please contact us and please include all previous correspondence in order to better assist you.

Thank you for shopping at the palm Software Connection store.

Sincerely,

James Keith
    palm Software Connection Support