Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    ey guys,

    sometimes, whenever i press options + P, the brightness pop-up wouldnt appear. has anyone experienced this?
  2. #2  
    did you ever read the manual?!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PseriesFan View Post
    ey guys,

    sometimes, whenever i press options + P, the brightness pop-up wouldnt appear. has anyone experienced this?
    Yeap, happens to me as well. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it wouldn't appear. Sometimes, when I adjust the brightness to below 40% of the bar, the screen flickers and blacks out and comes back on when I raise the brightness above 40%. It"s weird.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
    Yeap, happens to me as well. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it wouldn't appear. Sometimes, when I adjust the brightness to below 40% of the bar, the screen flickers and blacks out and comes back on when I raise the brightness above 40%. It"s weird.
    That happened to me too. Especially when the battery is on charge and the unit is exposed to heat. But whenever it cools down, the brightness settings restores itself.
  5. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #5  
    Don't forget the Option/menu key combo! This toggles the brightness range from low to high. The 680 on maximum brightness is very bright! I get the strange behaviour as well, not sure why. You can always get to the brightness control from the Prefs screen as well.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PseriesFan View Post
    ey guys,

    sometimes, whenever i press options + P, the brightness pop-up wouldnt appear. has anyone experienced this?
    I too saw the same problem last night, though it was the first time I encounted the 'bug'. Here's a work around:
    Go to prefs: Power:
    Viola! There's the brightness bar. Slide away!
    Now we need to figure out why and fix the problem.

    Roadwarrior
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RRM0221 View Post
    That happened to me too. Especially when the battery is on charge and the unit is exposed to heat. But whenever it cools down, the brightness settings restores itself.
    Yeap, especially when it's on adapter charge. Haven't tried adjusting the screen brightness during a hotsync charge.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wolwol View Post
    did you ever read the manual?!
    yeah i did.

    its comforting to know that its not just my phone that has this bug. i can live with this bug. although its a bit of a hassle to go to preferences and adjust it there, when we can easily adjust it using option + p
  9. #9  
    Happens to mine as well. Any fixes so far?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crenshaw View Post
    Happens to mine as well. Any fixes so far?
    I understand Palm is planning to fix this bug as soon as they stop the keypad numbers from selecting numbers and the keypad letters from selecting letters. After that they're going to stop that stupid mute button from muting and the launcher button from showing all those damned apps. Apparently they're going to put all those functions under the Alt-P combination to streamline the whole operation.
  11. #11  
    I did a soft reset just now after reading that you guys were having the same problem I was. The soft reset seems to have cured it. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

    Never had this problem with the 650, as it soft reset itself about 15-20 times a day without my help. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/brick.gif
  12. #12  
    Sorry, folks, but I've never seen the behavior you are talking about. No matter the brightness, bright or nearly black, the brightness slider appears when I hit option-P.
    -- Josh

Posting Permissions