1.    #1  
    My 650 appears possessed and potentially on its way to becoming a brick.

The phone started vibrating; no call coming in; no alarm. Soft reset didn't stop it. Had to pull out the battery.

On power-on, the home button started going to Versamail. No way out.
    Hard reset time. Now the home button takes me to compose SMSes or the letter G, or does the number 9, or a letter V. The 5-way and hard launchers some times will respond; and no string of hard resets will fix. I am on the road, without my original sync cable, so I can't do a zero-out reset.

What the heck is going on? And am i stuck with a dead phone? HELP!!!!

Update: I finally found a way to the Launcher - popping out and reinserting my SD card brought back the launcher. Buttons still not working properly after more hard resets; wondering what could have futzed this up so badly.

Update 2: After a period where no buttons worked, now the menu button appears to be working. Without a reset, or any other change. What the heck is going on? Am I living on borrowed time?
    Last edited by stoobie-doo; 01/03/2007 at 12:53 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Poltergeists take 2 - same buzzing that would not stop short of battery removal. Although this time, no button nonsense.

Anyone seen this kind of problem before? Do I just need a new battery?
    i would use backup buddy to back up to the sd card (if you haven't already. if you have insurance, i would swing by the local carrier store to have it replaced. sorry i can't be more help.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto View Post
    i would use backup buddy to back up to the sd card (if you haven't already. if you have insurance, i would swing by the local carrier store to have it replaced. sorry i can't be more help.
    I already use Backup Buddy (and Reset Doctor and Resco Lock), sadly it seems I need all three to keep my Treo functioning.
    As for insurance, well, I'm one of those Cingular Blue guys and did not buy the phone from Cingular, so no insurance option.