Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have a new memory card installed in my Treo 700p (old card broke believe it or not) and can NOT get a movie to play. EVERY TIME I 'copy' (from my computer) and 'paste' it over to a 4GB SD Card (inserted in the computer) the movie does NOT show at the beginning, but with the Window Logo...WHY?

For some reason the file is a windows media file (MP4) BUT recognizes it on my dish as an AVI....which won't play with TCPMP. These movies have been converted and PLAYED on my other card fine.

When I play the program TCPMP and select a movie, I get an error code of:

Warning

Error:
    Player:
    slot2://Video_Movies/
    The_Shoplifters.avi
    Unknown file format

This is absolutely driving me nuts and should transfer ANY movie over after it has been converted to run on your Treo. I can't get ANY movie over with seeing this error.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I have a new memory card installed in my Treo 700p (old card broke believe it or not) and can NOT get a movie to play. EVERY TIME I 'copy' (from my computer) and 'paste' it over to a 4GB SD Card (inserted in the computer) the movie does NOT show at the beginning, but with the Window Logo...WHY?
    Maybe all the TCPMP codecs were stored on your old card and not in RAM?? If so you would need to reload them.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Can you tell me how to do this? Do I need to delete the program and then re-install it from the internet...or what?

Thanks for any help.
    yes, i'd suggest doing a fresh install of tcpmp. that way you can make sure all the codecs get installed
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    You can put TCPMP and all of the codecs in /Palm/Launcher on the card.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Does anybody know if TCPMP will play .avi or WIndows Media Files? I have converted them using PocketPC, and they STILL will not play. On my Memory Card, I get video files that show the Windows Media File 'emblem' but I know they copy and paste over to my card as an AVI...What a pain in the ***.
    What codecs have you got installed in addition to the main TCPMP prc?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    MPEG4 is a much better choice than the huge .avi files.

I don't know about Windows media file, never tried it.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have put in ALL the codecs that come in when you download TCPMP. I know there are several that will never be used, but I have 'synced' them to my phone anyway.