1.    #1  
    I can create word docs but when i try to open them it says "previous version detected goto website" and doesnt let me open it.

wtf?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to the latest version. Follow the link it tells you to go to, download the small app that the website will direct you to and follow the instructions. Mine works fine after that.

greg
    I upgraded to 9 also and now can't save excel files. I get an error message indicating that my file does not appear to be an excel file. Of course it is. I haven't been able to figure this out.

I contacted customer service and they requested I send them the file. I did and receive some vague response that 1st level tech support could not figure it out and my problem was being escalated to next level tech support but they didn't know how long or if they would find out what the problem was. It appears that they will only check it out if enough customers are having the same problem. I find this unreasonable as I paid my money for a product that won't work. That was over 3 weeks ago. I emailed them again. This time I didn't get any response. I not sure if I will do any more upgrades or purchases from DataViz.
    For such a small office, they sure have a heck of a lot of service levels! Their support stinks.

I suggest you delete the application in its entirety and install #9 again. Otherwise stick with the ROM release and ***** at DataViz - you will probably not get an answer that will make you happy. They do EVENTUALLY answer emails.

Ben