1.    #1  
    It's rare to see any positive threads about any models here. So here's one for you.

Since you got your Treo 680, how do like it?

For me, it's almost perfect, little minor probs Palm can change in the next firmware update. But I haven't had one single reboot or freeze or anything. I totally love this ver! This Treo kicks some serious ***!
    Me too I'm fairly new to all this so I haven't been taxing it with too much 3rd party software yet but I haven't had a crash or freeze yet either.

The form factor is nice. I've been trying out a few cases but settled on a leather skin type so I can pop it in my front pocket.

All in all I'm happy with the purchase
    Me too. I went from the Treo 650 to the Blackberry Pearl to the TMobiel Dash to the Treo 680 and I am happiest with the Treo 680. No freezes yet, no problems with battery life. Overall, I am stoked about this device.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    the Treo 680 is excellent. I run Blackberry connect and have not locked up once. The battery life could be better, but after day five, the battery life jumped by at least 50%.
    Switched from the 650 to the 680:

680 is MUCH more stable running identical programs. It almost never resets (maybe 1X a week when screwing around with a new program???) where the 650 did regularly (3-4X a week??)
    680 is thinner - not much, but feels much cleaner
    680 antenna-less design is much nicer IMO
    680 hidden SIM card is much better IMO
    680 SD Card hideaway is much better IMO
    680 Keyboard buttons are "tighter" and have much less play
    680 Has an upgraded office package
    680 Has a far superior audio player
    680 Has a voice recorder
    680 Has WAY more memory - I'm not running any programs from SD (making them much faster to load) with tons of room left
    680 Has better reception and call clarity than the 650 - this was my biggest reason for buying, I did a bunch of tests, and it's no contest.

That together outweighs the fact that:
    650 Battery is many times better. I get barely 2 DAYS from the 680. The 650 was at 83% after sitting in a drawer for 2 WEEKS.
    650 is much quicker. Toggling through programs, selecting items, most 5-way navigation - it all happens much snappier and cleanly on the 650. The 680 isn't bad - the 650 is just noticeably faster.

Small price to pay for the all the improvements - especially when it's likely the battery thing will eventually get improved or fixed.
    Cascade nailed the comparison of the 650 with the 680!

One more positive thing to add... The vibrating confirmation you get upon switching to silent mode is also a great improvement over the 650.

And let me echo that the phone sound quality is WAY better on the 680 than it ever was on my 650. (The speakerphone was better on my old 650; but I hardly ever use that feature...)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    I tried the 750v, yes it feels nicer ... but b/c of the OS, the 680 rocks it!
    Now that my battery problems are a thing of the past (please let it be so!), I have to agree, in spades.

Cascade got it right.

The stability of this device is just amazing -- apart from when I was playing with questionable new programs, I've had one reset in the three weeks I've had the device -- one.

All those programs I had religiously moved to the SD card (via ZLauncher) on my 650 now all sit in main memory -- and I've added a bunch more than I would never have considered in the cramped confines of the 650. No programs at all on the card now but I still have a ton of memory left.

And ... it's Crimson! A real beaut, too.
    I like it a lot! In fact, with PocketTunes 4.0.1 installed, a fairly decent camera, bluetooth, Graffiti Anywhere, a nice selection of games, Documents To Go, and POP3 e-mail, the only thing I am missing is a decent web browser.

I'm really hoping that the Opera for Palm petition will result in something, as they are pretty good at mobile browsers. Everyone should go and sign that right away!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldManLink View Post
    I like it a lot! In fact, with PocketTunes 4.0.1 installed, ...
    I have Ptunes 4.0.1 installled too. But, with this version, Windows Media doesn't see the Treo as it does for 3.0. Is that true for you too?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    In addition to all above, I like being able to charge the 690 through the hotsync cable - especially seeing that it's smaller and more portable than the main charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    It's rare to see any positive threads about any models here. So here's one for you.

Since you got your Treo 680, how do like it?

For me, it's almost perfect, little minor probs Palm can change in the next firmware update. But I haven't had one single reboot or freeze or anything. I totally love this ver! This Treo kicks some serious ***!
    list your apps then we'll talk
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I am still blown away from the new world that has opened since moving from a T3 to a 680
    I rarely use the stylus, battery life is getting within acceptable limits (couple of complete discharge/charge cycles with soft reset when connected to charger), I LOOOOVE the integration with the phone (never thought I would say that ...), standard applications are nice but some already have been replaced with versions I also had on my T3.

I like it.
    Digital since 1980, Handheld since 2001
    M105, TE, T3.5, Treo 680, Treo 500v
    Happy Datebk6.1 user
    Quote Originally Posted by holvoetn View Post
    I am still blown away from the new world that has opened since moving from a T3 to a 680
    I rarely use the stylus, battery life is getting within acceptable limits (couple of complete discharge/charge cycles with soft reset when connected to charger), I LOOOOVE the integration with the phone (never thought I would say that ...), standard applications are nice but some already have been replaced with versions I also had on my T3.

I like it.
    I went from the T3 to a Treo as well. A 650 about 6 months ago and now a 680. I really thought I'd miss the huge screen, but almost immediately didn't even notice it much. I don't miss Graffiti at all - the keyboard is much nicer.

I still walk out of the house every morning thinking I've forgotten something. I was so used to grabbing PDA, cell phone, and a couple PDA accessories that just grabbing the Treo and going is still new to me. Very much enjoying it
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    list your apps then we'll talk
    On the 680 itself, all the standard apps and only a few 3rd apps. I don't install much on it, try to keep it clean and cluter free. The other apps I don't really care for, I launch them from the SD Card.

Launcher X (latest ver for 680)
    Angedus Pro (latest ver for 680)
    Kinoma 3
    Tube2

SD CARD
    LJP
    Oxford
    Astraware Games (a few)
    Namco Games (a few)
    Adobe
    Mp3s
    Pics (No Vids)
    Kinoma (Converted Movies)
    Tube 2 (Maps)
    Last edited by E2EK1EL; 01/04/2007 at 02:30 AM.
    I had issues with it not waking up - could be a sd card issue, not sure.

I had a card installed that stored chatter emails on it - that could have been the issue.
    Fred
    Cingular 680