1.    #1  
    I just upgraded (well, maybe downgraded is a better term...) from a 650 to a 700P. The 650 worked flawlessly in my '06 Audi A6 via bluetooth. When I start the car, the 700p is quite slow in connecting, sometimes not at all. If it drops the connection it takes a soft reset to get it back. I've tried deleting the device as well as a hard reset and re-pairing.

Sprint's support tells me this is a known issue and that Palm is coming up with a software update which was supposed to be out some time ago but is still not available. They have no other suggestions other than just wait. I realize they are at Palm's mercy, but this seems a little extreme.

On the Audi forums it appears others are using the 700p successfully. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might try? I have several 3rd party apps that I moved over from my 650. They all seem to run fine, but s there any chance one of them is interfering with BT?

TIA, Roger
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I hate to tell you this, but i have a 2007 Audi Q7 and I have the exact problems as you describe them. I try everything as you have and sometimes it works and sometimes not - no consistency.

What is even more frustrating is that my wife has a 2006 Chrysler 300 and I paired it up on day one and works absolutely perfectly ever since. No resets, no dropping ths signal and if I happen to walk past the car while it isi running, it automatically pairs.

No rhyme or reason but just thought I would add my misery with you on the Audi

Mike
    Go to the dealer and see if they have a bluetooth update for the car. My brother had a problem with his BMW 325i and went to the dealer and they updated the computer and it fixed all his issues. His phone book now loads he can send and receive calls without the phone crashing.
    I have an 2006 S4. I have found that as long as the backlight of my treo stays on, I have no problems. If I turn the screen off via the red button, then the treo connects and disconntects at random times. Usually the screen stays on continuously after it connects to the Audi.

Also, I have noticed that if my treo is connected and I touch the bluetooth button on the screen (which previously would have been the speakerphone button) then it will disconnect and only a soft reset enables me to reconnect usually coupled by turning the car off as well.

Hopefully this helps.
    Don