1.    #1  
    Does anyone have Zlink? And do you find that there are any benefits to having it. I am not such a techy person, I have not used it, nor can I find any benefits of it. I have tons of memory and can't see the benefits at all. I want to remove it from my treo 700p but I am not sure how? Any suggestions? thanks.
    Mia
    Quote Originally Posted by bharrod View Post
    Does anyone have Zlink? And do you find that there are any benefits to having it. I am not such a techy person, I have not used it, nor can I find any benefits of it. I have tons of memory and can't see the benefits at all. I want to remove it from my treo 700p but I am not sure how? Any suggestions? thanks.
    Mia
    Hey...

Yeah I use ZLink. I think it is the best application out there for creating shortcuts on your Treo. I am sure I tried them all as far as shortcut and aliasing apps go.

You can create a shortcut from anything in rom, ram and the card. You can also launch DA files and panel apps with it and create phone shortcut (phone number app) for dialing numbers.

Also Zlink gives info about the application as well as the related files for the app. ZLink also offers a buffer for the app to sit in if you are in and out of a particular app during the day.

If you want to create a shortcut for an app in ram, Zlink will move the app and related files to a ZLink folder on your card, or you can move the app and related files to the card and create a shortcut from there.

I have it on two Treos and I would suggest that you try it out. If you want to delete it, open the default launcher and then menu and then delete. Scroll down to ZLink and the hit delete.

An excellent explanation! If one wants a simple lanching solution, it is an excellent option.

Ben
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hey...

Yeah I use ZLink. I think it is the best application out there for creating shortcuts on your Treo. I am sure I tried them all as far as shortcut and aliasing apps go.

You can create a shortcut from anything in rom, ram and the card. You can also launch DA files and panel apps with it and create phone shortcut (phone number app) for dialing numbers.

Also Zlink gives info about the application as well as the related files for the app. ZLink also offers a buffer for the app to sit in if you are in and out of a particular app during the day.

If you want to create a shortcut for an app in ram, Zlink will move the app and related files to a ZLink folder on your card, or you can move the app and related files to the card and create a shortcut from there.

I have it on two Treos and I would suggest that you try it out. If you want to delete it, open the default launcher and then menu and then delete. Scroll down to ZLink and the hit delete.

Okay, so it sounds like a great program. The problem is that I am still new to all this and I am still unsure of the "full benefits" of it. When I hit my applications button, I see all the programs I need. How much faster can that get? I am confused............must be my ADD kicking in. LOL
    Mia
    Quote Originally Posted by bharrod View Post
    Okay, so it sounds like a great program. The problem is that I am still new to all this and I am still unsure of the "full benefits" of it. When I hit my applications button, I see all the programs I need. How much faster can that get? I am confused............must be my ADD kicking in. LOL
    Mia
    ZLink does not directly speed your Treo or your application launcher up.

It is primarilly a shortcut creator and a launcher as well. When you start finding applications you want/need and the devise memory gets full, you'll be looking for a shortcut creating application to move apps and related DB files to your expansion card to free up devise memory.

When that time arrives, I would recommend, that you give ZLink a try.