1.    #1  
    Anyone notice that Avantgo is extremely slow lately, and the size of the memory it occupies has increased dramatically? I have noticed that the size does not change with channels subscribed to as well. Might have something to do with the newer ads on its home screen. Any ideas?
    just out of curiousity, on your start bar on your desktop, go to programs and then avantgo. click on MobileLink.

Do you see 2 avantgo servers listed? if so, that's why it's slow and the memory usage has increased. you're loading everything twice.

delete one of the servers. sync again and it should fix your visor.

i had this problem when syncing with 2 different computers (one with firewall, one without). however lately i've noticed more and more people getting the same problem. i wonder if something screwed up with their servers and it caused avantgo to duplicate on some machines.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  3.    #3  
    That is exactly what the problem was. I actually had three servers. Now everything is fine. THANKS
    wow! 3 eh? i think avantgo did some 'upgrading' to their software and it may have caused this problem. I don't know enough about each occurance to give you a true reason behind the duplication of servers. (or in your case, triplication! )
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    There was also some sort of problem yesterday. When I tried to sync from my work computer, I got through and was then told that the connection was unavailable, try again later. I didn't worry about it till this morning. I synced, and got Avantgo, but it was over 1.5MB in size (normally less than 1.0MB) and every time I tried accessing it I got a soft fatal exception, and had to reset. I just deleted it out, and I'm wondering if its worth bothering with. Most of the sites I check have been pretty static recently.

Anybody else been experiencing similar problems?

Tucson Sailors